Some Subcategories Not Showing Up in Reports

KJOSIMPSON
KJOSIMPSON Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
edited August 27 in Reports (Windows)

I'm trying to run Spending reports and they're not showing all of my transactions. So, I'm trying to investigate by a single category I know is missing subcategories. The Category is Christmas under Personal Expenses. In the Category List I see all 22 subcategories (none are hidden). 15 of these subcategories had transactions in Last Year, but when I run a Spending report on the Category Christmas for Last Year, only 6 of the Subcategories are listed.

I've run the "How much did I spend on" Easy Answer report that creates the Itemized Categories - Last Year over the Christmas Category (in the Customize I do see all the subcategories listed there). I also get the same results running the Spending by Category report.

I have a saved report for "Christmas 2023" that shows all of the transactions because I have assigned a tag to them. But, I don't understand why some subcategories are on reports and not others. any thoughts or suggestions? thanks in advance!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• KJOSIMPSON
    Answer ✓

I figured it out. I went into Customize for the reports (both Itemized Categories and Spending by Category). Under Accounts I checked the checkbox for "Show Separate Accounts", then clicked "Select All". I'd closed a credit card that was set to Hidden and that was where most of my purchases had been made for the category last year. .

Answers

• KJOSIMPSON
    Answer ✓

I figured it out. I went into Customize for the reports (both Itemized Categories and Spending by Category). Under Accounts I checked the checkbox for "Show Separate Accounts", then clicked "Select All". I'd closed a credit card that was set to Hidden and that was where most of my purchases had been made for the category last year. .

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @KJOSIMPSON,

We are glad to hear your issue was resolved and appreciate you updating your post to share the solution that worked for you as it may help others experiencing the same.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.