"No Accounts Found" Error Adding Betterment

mryan69
mryan69 Member ✭✭✭
edited September 12 in Investing (Mac)

I read a number of the previous comment threads about Betterment. I successfully logged into Betterment, added an App Password for Quicken, and got past the username/password login issue successfully. That is NOT my issue.

But then Quicken Classic for Mac tells me "Quicken couldn't find any accounts to add."

What's the current Betterment support status for Quicken Classic for Mac, and how do I fix this? Seems I've done everything correctly…so where are my Betterment accounts?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @mryan69,

What type of account(s) are these? When did you first notice this issue? Do you receive any other error codes or messages? 

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mryan69
    mryan69 Member ✭✭✭

@Quicken Jasmine,

These are standard Betterment 401(k) accounts…nothing special.

I have tried to add Betterment in the past and is has never worked. Initially it was the requirement of an App Password, but even after resolving that I now get the "no accounts found" error. No other messages except what's in the screenshot I provided.

Thanks for your response.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @mryan69,

First, I suggest creating a test file to see if the same issue occurs. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding. You can create a test file by navigating to File > New > Start from Scratch. After that, please attempt to add your Betterment account(s).

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• mryan69
    mryan69 Member ✭✭✭

@Quicken Jasmine,

Tried your suggestion…brand new data file, no other accounts added. Tried to add Betterment, and received the same "Quicken couldn't find any accounts to add." error above. No difference.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @mryan69,

Due to this issue occurring in both the main file and the test file, I suggest reaching out to Betterment for more assistance as this appears to be an issue with the way that they are sending, or not sending, information. It is recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 agent or supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications. You can also navigate to Betterment's website to ensure that there is no setting regarding allowing third-party access to your accounts.

I hope this helps and I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.