Paypal Incorrect Transactions - None were expected, but numerous bogus received

MrZipp
MrZipp Member ✭✭✭

Transactions were for all different amounts and categories affecting other FI's. I rarely use the Paypal account, and online Paypal is fine. After restoring a good file, and NOT downloading Paypal account, things were good. So I downloaded Paypal again, and a the mess returned.

Mr. Zipp

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @MrZipp,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. When did you first notice this issue? How is the information that is downloading incorrect (for example, is it information that belongs in a different account)? Is the mess affecting only the PayPal account, or is it throwing off other accounts also?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭

I DL daily. This only happened today. The transactions are for unusual amounts and the dates go back for months. The categories then link to other accounts. I'm hesitant to DL from that Paypal account now. As I earlier mentioned, if I download all of my other FI's individually, all is well. It's like these trans belong to someone else..

Mr. Zipp

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your reply,

When you say the categories link to other accounts, do you mean they reflect as transfers between the PayPal account and those other accounts? Since your description makes it sound like the information downloading from that account is completely incorrect, that makes me suspect that the financial institution is sending incorrect information.

There is a chance that it's a file specific issue. To test for that, please backup your Quicken file, deactivate the problem account, then go to Tools>Add Account, and try adding it as a brand new account, without linking it to the existing account in your file. If the same mess downloads into the new account, then the most likely issue would be incorrect information being sent by PayPal, and you'd want to contact them for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭

Kristina,

Thx for the hints. I followed along and downloaded one more time. One incorrect item was received and I deleted it. It was withing Paypal, but was categorized to another of my bank accounts. After deleting it, all seems okay. So, I think, unless it pops up again, all is well.

On thinking back, I had done a file Validation just the day before. I didn't see anything that unusual, and nothing related to that account, but who knows .

For now, things are stable. Thank you SO much for your kind interest!

Mr Zipp

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for the follow-up,

I'm glad to hear it seems to be behaving.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.