Debit accounts receivable / credit expense account

JamesC63
JamesC63 Quicken Canada Subscription Member
edited September 8 in All Things Canadian (Windows)

I'm using the Canadian version of Quicken Classic Business & Personal R58.9 on Windows 11. I'm using it for personal use but bought this version because it has functionality for an accounts receivable account.

I have setup an accounts receivable account using the "Business Actions" option in the sub-menu of the Business toolbar option.

What I would like to do is to debit the accounts receivable and credit an expense account that I have called "moving".

I have marked the expenses in the moving expense acccount as reimbersable expenses, i.e. in the Exp column I have marked the expenses with an E.

I have tried creating an invoice. The accounts receivable is debited but the expense account is not credited.

Any suggestions, please?

Answers

• ScottT18
    ScottT18 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I don't have that version but when I have an invoice paid that has expenses added into it, it doesn't change my actual expense account so I have to go in and manually add the credit to zero it out.

• JamesC63
    JamesC63 Quicken Canada Subscription Member

ScottT18, Thank you for the comment. It is useful to know that you are experiencing the same result that I am.

I'll carry on trying to get Quicken to credit the expense account when the a/r is debited. If I'm unsuccessful, I'll use your work-around.

This discussion has been closed.