Credit card downloads corrupted or deleted past reconciled transactions

holuberic
holuberic Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I downloaded from 2 credit cards today (Citibank and Chase) and had transactions from November 2018 deleted or replaced with August 2024 transactions that were corrupted entries and could not be updated — I could only delete them and replace with a new entry. I saw August 2024 transactions with August dates duplicated within the November 2018 month in the register. Other valid transactions from November 2018 were just gone and had to be re-entered. I had to compare my last backup (unfortunately from May) to my current file to isolate the variances by month, find the discrepancies and make the updates. Since happened to two different accounts, it has to be a Quicken problem - I don't see any other comments here with the same issues. Is it unique to me? What's going on?

Comments

• holuberic
    holuberic Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Now, I notice that duplicate interest income entries from July 14 have been downloaded into my Schwab investment accounts. The entries were already downloaded and cleared with July 15 dates. I am concerned about data integrity at this point and not sure what is going on.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @holuberic,

Typically, when having issues with data vanishing or being overwritten, it indicates a file specific issue. Did this just start yesterday? Did it happen just the one time you mentioned, or has it happened multiple times? Were the accounts that this issue happened in recently deactivated/reconnected? Do you keep your Quicken file directly on your local hard drive? Is it synced with any cloud services, such as OneDrive, iCloud, or Dropbox?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @holuberic,

I haven't heard any response from you in a while. Did you still need assistance?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.