Problems with Maturity Dates for Bonds and CDs Report

jldavid47
jldavid47 Member ✭✭✭

If you sell a portion of a bond investment, the report shows the initial full amount owned rather than the current amount. This is wrong. Both the register and the Investing tab show the current amount and so should the report. It could be made an advanced option but I just think it's wrong to report the data that way.

Also, if a bond is sold or called prior to the maturity date, it is shown on the report even though it is no longer owned. An advanced option needs to be added to only show bonds currently owned.

I reported this through "Report a Problem" in Quicken as well.

Tagged:

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • jldavid47
    jldavid47 Member ✭✭✭

There is a workaround to the above problem (and this doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed in the Maturity Dates report). FWIW, the problem is even worse because the Value column gives you the "value" as if the original number of shares were still owned (i.e. it takes the original number of "shares" and multiplies it by the price. WRONG). There is only one way I found to work around this:

In the Investing tab, I created a view I called "Maturity Dates" with the display columns being "Quote/Price", "Maturity Date", "Shares", and "Market Value" which I sort by Maturity Date.

Since I want this information current and sorted by maturity date within each account, this fixes the issue for me. The shares and value are correct for those issues that have been partially called. Better than nothing.