How to create a Single File Quicken Archive

Hello-

I have quicken data files and have been a power user since 1994. These files have year ending removals of old transaction to reduce correction risk. (Single file got corrupted in ~2020…)

Attached is an interesting longitudinal report (Redactions for privacy) and I would like to get the whole date range populated… any suggestions? How do I stich these files together? Right now whenever I open an old Quicken file the software only presents the most recent 5 years from an old file…. TY ~

Tagged:

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You can try working with these somewhat dated instructions:

Right now whenever I open an old Quicken file the software only presents the most recent 5 years from an old file….

That sounds like you are saying each of those old files has a 5-year window in it. The software can only present the data in the open file.

Another possibility is to do the stitching in an Excel version of the report using the applicable years from the various old Quicken files

I have never subscribed to the premise that a shorter time period file is less likely to develop corruption. My personal file goes back over 30 years.