Citi Cards downloads without me asking!

armstrd
armstrd Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

My 1 branded Citi card is Costco and has a zero balance for many months. I noticed during the normal One Step Update this FI shows on the Summary as "One account updated, 0 new transactions". Interesting because this FI is NOT CHECKED/SELECTED in the One Step Update settings!! Why does this Citi Cards update without being requested to do so?

There are other FI's in the One Step Update that are UNCHECKED and they do NOT update since I know there's no activity. Why does Citi Cards?

(Quicken Classic, R58.9)

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @armstrd,

When did this issue begin to occur? Do you receive any error codes or messages?

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• armstrd
    armstrd Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Thanks for trying Jasmine. Neither a Validate or a Super Validate corrected the problem. I've attached snippets of the One Step Update settings and the OSU Summary. You can see the Citi FI is NOT checked to download, yet the summary screen shows it did exactly that with no error messages. Again, I know there's a $0 balance and no activity and that's why Citi is unchecked. I only noticed this action a week or so ago but admit it may have gone on longer. I rarely use the card so pay little attention to that entry. Any advice helpful. Thx.

This discussion has been closed.