Don't ask for confirmation when Cancel or ESC is pressed on invoice form

msoultan
msoultan Member ✭✭

This has got to be the only program I've ever used where if I press cancel to exit a window, it asks me if I'm sure. This is ridiculously annoying - just exit the form!

The only reason the program should be asking for confirmation is if something changed, and at that point I would be asked if I want to save changes. Otherwise this design is just wasting everyone's time asking if I want to leave. Yes, I pressed cancel - I mean it - otherwise I would have pressed Save and Done (which really should be Save and Close).

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Some confirmation screens have a Do not ask again button on them. Which most people accidentally pick and then want to know how to reset the confirmation screen, which can be done.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• msoultan
    msoultan Member ✭✭

Sure, I've seen those - this should be added to that list!! Frankly, I think it's lazy coding in that instead of checking to see if changes were made and only then showing the warning, they just show it regardless to let you know you're canceling instead of saving. It's just poor software design.