Downloaded transactions show up under "Transactions" overall but not in the bank account

where they belong, is there any way to move them or get them to show up in the proper account?

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 5 Answer ✓

If the transactions show in the All Transactions view, but not in the individual bank account register, then I suspect that your bank registers are filtered or sorted incorrectly, thus not showing the new transactions at or near the bottom of the register.

Make sure the registers are not filtered in any way. If the Filter selections at the top of the register have a green "Reset" filter button next to it, click it to reset the filters.
    If the register is not sorted by Date in ascending order (the Date column header does not have a ▴or triangle next to it click the Date column header once to enable the register to be sorted by Date. Clicking it again toggles the sort order from ascending (newest transaction at the bottom of the register) to descending (newest transaction at the top) and back.
    I recommend sorting the register by Date with newest transactions at the bottom.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 5 Answer ✓

If the transactions show in the All Transactions view, but not in the individual bank account register, then I suspect that your bank registers are filtered or sorted incorrectly, thus not showing the new transactions at or near the bottom of the register.

Make sure the registers are not filtered in any way. If the Filter selections at the top of the register have a green "Reset" filter button next to it, click it to reset the filters.
    If the register is not sorted by Date in ascending order (the Date column header does not have a ▴or triangle next to it click the Date column header once to enable the register to be sorted by Date. Clicking it again toggles the sort order from ascending (newest transaction at the bottom of the register) to descending (newest transaction at the top) and back.
    I recommend sorting the register by Date with newest transactions at the bottom.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

By "Transactions"do you mean the "Downloaded Transactions" window below your register? If not, exactly where?

Is the balance in the account(s) correct (or approximately so if there are uncleared transactions)?

Have you verified that the linkage between Q and the bank is correct? I.E., you have the right Q account(s) connected to the bank account(s)?

What bank, as it's known in Q? And what download method? This info can be found at TOOLS, Account List. Reply with ONLY the info from there.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• PSNJ Treasurer
    PSNJ Treasurer Member ✭✭

Thank you UKR! Resetting the filter solved the issue and I can now see all the transactions in the correct bank account.