Why Can't I download my Wells Fargo Credit Cards Anymore?

bigjimal
bigjimal Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I’m using Quicken Business & Personal for Windows (ver. R58.9 / Build 27.158.9) I’m using Windows 11 Pro. This started happening a months ago.

I currently have 3 checking, 3 saving, and 2 credit card accounts with Wells Fargo. When I download from Wells Fargo it doesn’t download my credit card accounts. While going through the process, Wells Fargo gives me a screen that shows all the accounts, but it’s muted and I can’t check boxes or anything. They are all assigned to the EWC+ download method. I’m hesitate to deactivate the credit cards. My Credit Card Accounts for Wells Fargo has the circle with the line through it.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

That circle with a line thru it means that Q thinks the account is closed … which is why it isn't downloading.

Your only option, since the account can't be re-opened in Q, is to create a new WF card account, move the transactions from the closed account into the new account and activate the new account for download.

RECONCILE the account before you activate it. Doing so will frequently download duplicate transactions, and any dupes won't come in as reconciled, (they'll come down as "cleared"), so they'll be easy to spot.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.