Kohls Credit Card Downloads are finally working for those that gave up

miklk
miklk Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta

Not sure what the changes were BUT Kohls did something to finally allow Quicken to connect again. Hopefully it will keep working.

Kohls card finally working in Quicken Windows

Comments

• cpollack
    cpollack Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    edited September 9

This is interesting. Worked for me, too. Interesting since Kohl's is moving their credit card to Capital One and branding it with the Visa logo. They are in the transition process right now, with a switch-over date of September 16th. After that date, the Kohl's credit card is history.

• Scott McCauley
    Scott McCauley Member ✭✭✭

Not working for me. I even tried deactivating and starting from scratch. It won't complete the setup process. It gives an error saying "It's not your fault".

• M - N Putzer
    M - N Putzer Member ✭✭✭

I am able to get on with quicken while only using OLD userid. But, on phone and desktop need to use the new one they made me put on. But, I guess I live with old one, at least my upload is working again.

• Leslie Lewis
    Leslie Lewis Member ✭✭✭

I am unable to connect with Kohls. Error reports wrong username/password although it works at Kohl's web page. I never heard of switch to Capital One and have not received new cards. I tried adding Kohls using Capital One but that did not work. Only solution is a manual download.

Has anyone found a solution that actually works?

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I was able to connect and link the download to my existing Kohl's account. I first did it in a test file and then in my main file.

• For me, I needed to manually Link the download to my existing Kohl's account. Otherwise the download would have set up a new account in Quicken.
    • It changed the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount. Good thing that I had previously entered and saved the correct dollar amount in the Memo field as it made identification and correction of this issue a breeze.
    • It downloaded duplicate transactions going back 250+ days. I simply deleted them.

When done, the account was in balance.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

I am experiencing the same behavior with Kohls as Leslie Lewis describes above.

• Boatnmaniac

@GIWalt & @Leslie Lewis - I set up the connection to my Kohl's account using the same old Kohls Credit Card Add Account selection that has existed for years.:

I don't know anything about Cap One managing this card but maybe that is more about the Kohl's Visa card, not the Kohl's Store card. Cap One might still be managing the Kohls Store card but transactions are being downloaded from the Kohl's website via Kohls Credit Card.

Did you first make sure your Kohl's account in Quicken is deactivated? (Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate)

Also, do you have any special characters in your Kohl's PW? Some special characters do not play well with Quicken. If you do have any of these special characters…&, <, >, \, or /….you might want to consider logging into your Kohl's online account and changing your PW to something else. Then try setting up Kohls via Add Account, again..

• GIWalt
    GIWalt Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

I have tried reauthorizing Kohls but I keep getting the request for name and password. They work on Kohls credit card website but not in Quicken.

• dan.greenberg.ct
    dan.greenberg.ct Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭✭

Just saw this and it works! I just deactivated the old connection and created a new one (Mac Quicken) to Kohl's Credit Card. It was a low activity account so it wasn't a big deal but I did miss a payment once (unrelated to this issue) as their email combines a privacy statement with the bill so I'm glad to be able to monitor activity again.

• Sanfordrich
    Sanfordrich Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I was issued the new Kohls / Capital One Visa credit card that replaced the old Kohls credit card. I can get on to Capital One and see the new credit card. Unfortunately, I cannot link it to my Quicken software. Capital One told me I needed to contact Quicken to resolve the issue. As it relates to using the old Kohls userid and password, mine no longer works either through Quicken or using a web browser to go online. That does not surprise me because the new Kohls Visa and related transactions can be seen through the Capital One portal. However, I cannot establish connectivity with the Quicken software because the Kohl card is not an option when accessing my Capital One account through Quicken (it is when accessed through a web browser as I already mentioned). Therefore, somebody either at Quicken or with Captial One needs to fix this if it is to work.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited October 17

I still have the old Kohl's Store card and from what I can tell it is not going away anytime soon. However, per the Kohl's website, some Kohl's Store Card customers and new credit customers are being upgraded to the new Kohl's Visa (Cap One?) card. They probably make the decision about who gets upgrade based upon how frequently they use Kohl's credit, their income level and/or their credit score.

This morning during OSU I got an error message that my login credentials for my Kohl's Store Card are incorrect. Both Reset Account and Deactivate/Reactivate the card in Quicken failed with the same error message.

So, I logged into my Kohls.com account and and clicked on the Kohl's Card link which brought up this page. Then I needed to click on the here link (blue arrow).:

I was then prompted with 2FA and then required to change my PW. (I later found out this PW change was for my Kohls.com online store account, not for my credit card so it might not be applicable to everyone.)

Then I was taken to the following webpage requesting that I select the type of card I have and then click on Connect Your Card to see my account balance, statement details and be able to pay my credit card bill.

I'm guessing (and I might be mistaken about this) but this linking is what needs to be done before one can setup and download their card (whether it is the Kohl's Store Card or the Kohl's Visa card) from the Kohls Credit Card Add Account financial institution.

After linking my Kohl's Store Card, I did Add Account. The new PW I created did not work (which is why I know it is for the Kohls.com store account and not the credit card account).

I then tried Add Account, again, this time using my previous PW and was successful in downloading and Linking my Kohl's Store Card to Quicken, again. The connection that was established is EWC (not EWC+).

(I think I now understand why we lost download connectivity from Jun-Sep….Kohl's was making major changes to their website, perhaps to accommodate the addition of the Kohl's Visa card.)

It would be great if others who are still having issues downloading either of these cards would try to connect their card on the Kohl's website and then post here if doing that then allowed them to set up downloading into Quicken.

• maratekin
    maratekin Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I took all these steps and still cannot get the account to log in - getting an error CC-929

• Boatnmaniac

If you have not already done so, take a look at this Support Article. Maybe it will help?: Error When Adding Accounts: CC-929 | Quicken

• Rick4
    Rick4 Member ✭✭✭

I should have known the Kohl's 'fix' I discovered to suddenly be working in August was too good to be true. It didn't last. I haven't checked this forum since then because it seemed to be working for me. I was able to log onto the site in Quicken and it successfully downloaded transactions. I was last able to do that, however, on/about 09/16/24 when I suddenly began to experience some suspicious behavior. Whereas before my problem was Quicken couldn't connect to the Kohls server, I experienced a few zero value transactions downloaded on 09/16/24 and 09/17/24. From then on, I got no more zero downloaed transactions or ANY valid transactions. In summary, the original problem - inability to connect with the Kohls server - went away, but I was not able to download any valid charges and payments. Since all this began again, I (as many of you did) tried, first, to Reset the account and, that doing no good, I deactivated and reactivated the account. Neither worked. Quicken was able to interface with the Kohls server, and I got a 'One Step Update Completed message', with no transactions that were active when I logged onto the Kohls site manually were passed to Quicken. Frustrating to be sure. I wish my wife wouldn't go there so often :-(

• RalphC
    RalphC Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

Hmmm…about a month ago, I got my new Kohl's Capital One VISA cards, added a new account, linked to existing account register with little difficulty. The account syncs via OSU every day.

• Boatnmaniac

Is your Kohl's Visa is connected for downloads with the Kohls Credit Card financial institution or with a Cap One (and which Cap One) financial institution? (You can easily see which one you are connected with in Account List and on the General and Online Services tabs of Account Details.)

• Boatnmaniac

Which Kohl's card? The store card or the Visa card?

I, too, had been able to reconnect my store card in Sep and then it suddenly stopped, again. That's when I found out that there was something new in my online Kohls.com account (at least for me) where I needed to Add my store card to my online account. I say "something new" because my store card had been added to my Kohls.com account years ago but what I posted above (see the post with the picture) is something that I'd never seen before and I needed to Add it, again. Has your card been Added to your online account?

• RalphC
    RalphC Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

My Kohls card is

• Boatnmaniac

OK. So you are connected via Cap One, not via the Kohls FI. Good to know that folks with the Kohl's Visa should be able to connect with Cap One.