Dates for Copied Transactions

Seems it should be possible to copy a past transaction and have it paste with the current date (or some other default date). I can't think why one would want to copy a past register entry and then paste it with the original date. Thanks.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Instead of Copy and Paste I am always just beginning a new register transaction from scratch.
    This way, I can select the transaction date, today or future. Then I tab into the Payee Name field and begin typing the first few letters of the desired Payee Name. A selection list pops up and I can click on the name I wish to use.
    IMHO, that's faster than hunting for a previous transaction in the register and doing Copy, Paste.

Of course, for this to work well, please make sure that settings pertaining to memorization, recall and quickfill of transactions are enabled in Edit / Preferences / Data Entry & Quickfill

For recurring transactions like the monthly phone bill I have set up and use Scheduled Reminders.

As far as entering a Date is concerned, please remember to use the Date field Keyboard Shortcuts.
    For example, after you tabbed into or clicked the Date field, type "t" to enter or set today's date.