How do you filter downloaded transactions?

PapAskew
PapAskew Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

I have a question for the Mac version of Quicken. When downloading transactions to my bank accounts when Updating, I get downloaded transactions that are the preapproval and not the actual approved transactions in advance which match up to the items that I have in the register. This causes problems because it changes the dates to an advanced date and changes what the actual balance should be by each day.

Is there a way to filter out or stop the preapprovals and only download the actual bank approved final transactions?Thank you in advance?

Comments

• RickO
    RickO Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

There is a setting in Quicken > Settings > Connected services that forces the use of the posted date for downloaded transactions instead of the date that you manually entered as shown below:

Make sure you have this option unchecked.

Other than that, I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "transactions that are the preapproval". Do you mean transactions that are pending on the bank's website as opposed to posted? If so, the cause of the issue would depend on the connection type for the account. If the connection is Direct Connect, then the bank is transmitting Pending transactions and you would need to take this up with the bank. If the connection is Quicken Connect, then the issue may be what the bank is transmitting, or it may be that Quicken's data service provider is screen scraping the wrong transactions. If that's the case, you should contact Quicken Support (link at the top of this page) and let them screen share so you can demo the issue.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • PapAskew

Thank you. That is what I was referring to. I will uncheck that box and see how that works.

• PapAskew

When I did my updates this morning everything worked correctly with that change. Thank you again for your assistance.

• RickO
    RickO Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 10

Glad to help.

By the way, your profile says Quicken Windows. You should change that so your posts don't get redirected or mis-answered.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • PapAskew

I recently switched over to Mac. The more I use the more I enjoy.