Windows 10 - Downloading Merrill Lynch Investment Accounts

WillyG
WillyG Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

For the past two weeks I have not been able to download my ML investment accounts. I found out that if I download — after it fails I can then log into ML account and it pops up an "authorization screen". After I authorize, I have to go back into Quicken and download again.

I thought maybe there was an update that required us to "reactivate" those accounts, so I deactivated all of them and tried to reactivate. I can no longer reactivate the accounts so the only alternative is to download from ML — which is quite the chore since I have to manually match each account to the downloaded information.

Any news on when this issue will be fixed in Quicken?

Thanks

Comments

• WillyG

Any update on the connect with Merrill Lynch brokerage accounts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @WillyG,

Are you receiving any error codes or messages when attempting to add the Merrill Lynch accounts back? What exactly occurs?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• WillyG

Here is the message I get after I have deactivated one of the accounts when I try to add it back. I've also noticed that sometimes when I go to ML to log in after trying to download, it asks me to authorize — but that doesn't help on the quicken side — still have to manually download and update that way.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @WillyG,

I apologize for the delayed response. If you are still experiencing this error, I suggest contacting Quicken Support directly as an escalation may be in order.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• WillyG

Thanks - I did that. Unfortunately, they had never heard of this issue either. While on the phone we figured out that there is a way to make it work, but you have to log in to the ML account and authorize the connection every time you want to download. To help others who may be having the same issue the steps are.

Start the one-step update in quicken. It will show that the download has not occurred.

Go to MyMerrill and log into your account. A screen should pop up that asks you to authorize the connection. Confirm that you want to proceed.

Another ML screen will pop up and give further instructions — including that you only have 10 minutes to complete the download.

Go back to Quicken, select one of the ML accounts that you want to download and start the transaction update process. It should connect and download your transactions.

At this point you can close the ML screen.

Hope this helps someone else. This is a really painful process and quicken and ML need to work out a fix for their clients.

• Up2L8
    Up2L8 Member ✭✭

The workaround you mention is the only way I can figure out …I called ML and I asked if they would please open a ticket with their IT group to authenticate once, as CITI and other banks have done, but so far, nada.

Maybe Quicken can get them to upgrade their authentication process?

• Up2L8
    Up2L8 Member ✭✭

I did speak with Quicken Support. They are now aware of the issue and will need to work with ML to resolve.