How do I get my downloaded transactions to stay on "cleared"?

Quicken has been changing my checking account transactions to "reconciled" when I download them. I need them to stay on "cleared" until I'm actually ready to reconcile. What is happening here and how do I fix it? This is a relatively new problem.

I'm using Quicken Deluxe and have been for decades!

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @mamallama

How do you reconcile your account? In the first pop-up box for the reconciliation process, is the "Use online balance" button checked?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• mamallama
    mamallama Member ✭✭

I use the paper statement. But quicken keeps defaulting to the"use online balance"

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Go into Edit Account Details for this account register, select the Online Services tab.
    At the lower right of this view panel there's a selection "Reconcile using online balance". Click to remove the checkmark in front of this text. Click OK to save changes.
    This way you should be able to reconcile using paper statement.

• mamallama
    mamallama Member ✭✭
    edited September 14

That box isn't checked on the online services tab.

Any other suggestions?