I'm having problems confirming Dillard's new Citi World MC in Quicken

I'm having trouble connecting my Dillard's World MC account in Quicken. Dillard's credit card used to be through AMEX but they recently switched from AMEX to a CITI World MC account. I went out to Dillard Online and setup our account by creating a new logon id and password and once logged on I can see our current balance, etc. When I setup the account in Quicken I assumed that the financial institution was Citibank but when Quicken goes to confirm the account with Citibank it fails because the account doesn't exist and I confirmed this by trying to logon to the account using the regular Citibank logon page. I tried using Dillard's as the financial institution but it fails because the account is no longer setup as Dillard's it's now Dillard's Citi World MC. Is there a way to make Quicken work with this card or is this something that's either impossible or I need to provide Quicken with feedback on the problem?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

This sounds like a Citi Retail Services credit card. Most of these cards will have their own unique listings in Quicken. That assumes that the contract between Dillards and Citi Retail Services requires Citi Retail Services to enter into a contract with Intuit (the aggregator) to set up support for Quicken. If you cannot download into Quicken via the Dillards website nor can find a listing for Dillards Citi World MC it means that either they have not requested support for Quicken to be added or they have not yet completed that process. You should contact Dillards credit card service and ask if and when they will have support set up for Quicken. If they say they already have support, ask them which financial institution in Add Account you should be using.

Another possible option: Some (not all) Citi Retail Services credit cards can be downloaded into Quicken via the Citi Cards financial institution in Add Account. But if that is possible with this card you will first need to log into your Citi.com online account and try to link your new Dillards card to your online account. If you are able to link your new Dillards card there, then you should be able to download from Citi Cards or maybe even from Citibank.com

If Dillards says they no longer support Quicken and you are not able to link your new card to your Citi.com online account, then you will need to request Dillards to add that support. If they get enough requests to add support to Quicken, then perhaps at sometime in the future they will make the business decision to do that. Intuit nor Quicken can get them set up downloads into Quicken unless Dillards takes that first step to request/contract with Citi Retail Services to enter into that contract with Intuit.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

• Moondoggy_1
    Moondoggy_1 Member ✭✭✭

Thanks for the reply. I contacted Customer Support and received a reply stating that they do not provide a direct download of the Dillard's Mastercard information directly into Quicken and they have no plans to do so in the future. They did indicate that I could download the information from then. The only options available to the end user are to download the complete statement or download the transactions as an XLS file type or a MINT CSV file type. I tried to download it in both the XLS and CSV file types but the CSV was delimited in a character that was not a common or tab. The XLS file was in the correct format but I didn't see a way inside Quicken to download the transactions in an XLS format so I believe that my only real option is to download the full statement manually and then manually enter transactions the old fashion way. I understand that mailing statements is costly and that's why they are starting to charge for a paper statement but for those of us that track expenses trough Quicken Citibank could be a bit more helpful. Anyway, that's for the post and this reply may help someone else that will face a similar issue.

• Boatnmaniac

Thanks for posting this. I am sure there will be other Dillard credit card users who will find it to be helpful.

Quicken does not support directly importing transactions in standard CSV files nor in Excel.

It does support importing in the following formats from financial institutions:

1. Mint compatible CSV: This is a new addition to Quicken so it should work. When you tried to import it did you go to File > File Import > Mint-compatible text (.CSV) File?
    2. QFX: Manual downloads from financial institutions that support it. Some also refer to this as "Quicken" or "Web Connect".
    3. QIF

If these formats are not available for download or for some reason cannot be imported into Quicken, there is a free file conversion program called ImportQIF that can convert CSV, Excel, QIF, OSF (MS Money) and QFX files into a QIF formated file that Quicken can then import. It was developed by a long-time Quicken user who is still very active in this Quicken Community. You can read up on it and download it from https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/. . I have not used it myself but there are quite a few others who have posted in this forum that it works quite well.

Your other option, as you noted, is to manually enter the transactions into the account in Quicken.

• Moondoggy_1
    Moondoggy_1 Member ✭✭✭

I'm not sure that any file format would work. I actually tried to import the file using the MINT CSV file and Quicken immediately informed me that the transaction file was not formatted correctly which is true as here's the two transaction records from the MINT CSV file and you can see there's no Payee information to identify what account the transactions are associated with.

Here's the transactions from the MINT CSV.

09/05/2024$-40.00PAYMENT THANK YOU E-RPSpayment

09/20/2024$2.00MINIMUM CHARGEinterest charged

The other thing is that what is shown is a single string not a comma separated file as I tried to open the file in Excel and the transactions all showed up in Column A.

So, if you want a paper statement they now charge $2.00 a month which kind of forces you to go paperless since they don't support downloads to quicken you must now take the time to click the link in the notifying email to reach the logon page, enter your credentials, press the download button to download the statement in PDF format and finally open the PDF to see what transactions you need to enter manually into Quicken. What a hassle.

• Boatnmaniac

@Moondoggy_1 - Another thing came to mind. Since this is a Citi credit card, maybe you will be able to access and download transactions from Citi. You would need to have a Citi.com online account and then make sure that your Dillards card is linked to it so you can see your Dillards card transactions there. If you can accomplish this, then you should be able to download your Dillards transactions from one or more of the Citi financial institutions listed in Add Account. The question then would be, which Citi financial institution to use. But first, see if you can get your Dillards card linked to an online Citi.com account.