New patch for excessive cannot login issue on non-ASCII(e.g. Chinese) system for 27.01.58.9

skr
skr Quicken Canada Subscription Member ✭✭

My first post regarding this:

OK, first I saw the developer made a "fix" for this problem. I want to say thank you first, but maybe they are not fixing the issue I am facing. They just add a error catch for getting environment info. But the issue itself is because the environment info has non-ascii char that cannot be used for login request. So they fixed nothing.

Here is the plugin for those who also have this issue. Simply download this and replace the one in quicken folder.

https://github.com/skyfackr/Quicken-non-ASCII-cannot-login-solve-dll/blob/81a8bd007329c05b246bae4c7cca1bbf486601d6/27.1.58.9/QAM.Authorization.dll If anyone from Quicken staff can see this post, please tell your software director that there are some customers being blocked login due to their easy-fixing bug for three years, and it still not fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh come on if I need to adjust your code again next time I should consider other accounting options I get enough

If I guess right, to reproduce this bug, you must have a windows computer that installed from a non-ASCII language country image. Changing language has no effect for both reproduce or fix error on device that already has bug. but please, this is not a try-catch can solve….I waited the fix for many years but i just got this result and still have to change it every time updating Quicken. I should close updating reminder i think