Show "Opps, Something getting wrong" and cannot solve by phone call

Options
skr
skr Member ✭✭

Hello,

I am a new user. I tried to log in to windows desktop, and always show"Opps, Something getting wrong" and Let me try again. After analysis, I believe the signing process is successful. The error occurs after the first request to the server. The application tried to access content.quicken.com/fp/clear.png?org_id=xxx&session_id=xxx&nonce=xxx and then returned a 204 response followed with a RST pack. Sounds the staff cannot understand this via phone call. Is anyone knows how to solve this? The staff requested me to wait for 2 days however, I already started trying 1 week before.

Tagged:

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you are getting "Oops, something went wrong" or "Check Internet Connection" …
    • To make sure that Quicken is allowed to update and save its configuration files please check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If it is, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in

• Have you recently enabled a VPN?
    If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off, reboot with VPN disabled and see if that helps.
    • Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way? Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission.
    • Does your Antivirus software allow Quicken to connect to the Internet?
    Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound Internet connections for the program to work.
    For example, in McAfee Firewall, one user states "By editing the Quicken Firewall entry Selecting Incoming and Outgoing, and changing it from "Default" to "Open to all devices" it now works without having to turn off the entire firewall!"
    If necessary, contact the Antivirus / Firewall vendor's Support Center.
    • In Windows 11 or older Windows systems go to Windows Control Panel and select Internet Options (or in Internet Explorer, click on Tools / Internet options.)
    Click the Advanced tab.
    Scroll down the list to "Use TLS 1.x" and click to put checkmarks on all available choices even though some of them are no longer supported "Use TLS 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 (if available)"
    Turn off "Use SSL 3.0"
    Click Apply. Reboot.
    • If all else fails: Try rebooting your network router. When done reboot your PC
    • Please let us know which of the above solved your problem.

• skr
    skr Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you! However , non of them works. In fact I can run quicken in a virtual machine on same physical machine

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @skr,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If it works on a virtual machine (VM) on the same computer where you are encountering the issue, that makes it sound like the issue may be a program conflict or a setting that is different on the VM than on the computer itself.

Could you please go into more detail about what triggers this error? For example, when you say this happens at the first request to the server, do you mean it's happening when you run One Step Update?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• skr
    skr Member ✭✭
    Options

No. It failed after the first request of "login" only. I only saw three web requests to the host *.quicken.com, one is login with a successful(I can saw "success" for about half second on the screen) and then a failed photo request. Another one without TLS should be a health check and I dont think it is the reason of issue. In UI layer, the whole login process showed failed and let me login again and again. I also tried to run in windows safe mode and close all antivirus program but not work.

If you are a offical staff, could you please ask if there is any way to let application store a log for this process? Then I can share here. it maybe helpful.

For VM environment, it has completely same setup configurations as my physical system. But there are huge number of programs on my computer, it is not possible to test each of them.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Which browser do you have set as your default browser on your computer? Is it the same as you have set as default on the VM? What antivirus program do you use? Do you have a firewall (other than Windows Defender)? Do you use a VPN at all? If so, which VPN do you use?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• skr
    skr Member ✭✭
    Options

Latest Edge chromium. Both system same.

Physical system use huorong, and VM use windows defender with default setting. However the issue cannot be solved by shutting down huorong. According to log, huorong doesnt execute any action to quicken during runtime.

No other firewall. I also tried another network environment so it should not be any block from ISP or router's firewall. I also give whitelist access to quicken on PM but not work.

I used a VPN but it is shut down when I use quicken. The issue still exist after I uninstall the VPN and reset the network configuration. In VM, quicken can run with VPN.

VPN called QuickQ. It may have no English version. You can consider it as a v2ray.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I sent you a message. Please click the envelope icon near the upper right to view it.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.