Citibank Timeout Trying to Reconnect

jrgray
jrgray Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Since Quicken disabled Citibank, now it wants me to reauthorize my connection now that it is supposedly working. But I get an error saying the browser timed out, yet I get an email from Citibank saying I have successfully connected. How can I address this?

Without automatic downloads, Quicken is a worthless product.

Answers

• TkPk
    TkPk Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Same exact scenario.

• TkPk
    TkPk Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

@jrgray I found this in another thread and it worked for me to re-establish all my credit card account downloads

Okay, I got both of my Citi credit card accounts to link properly.

1. Go into Edit Account for one of the accounts. Go to Online Services tab. Click "Set up now…"
    2. Continue with the "sign in" step. Log in to credit card account in the web browser. Citi web page says authorization successful. Quicken mini-window says authorization failed. Click back in the Quicken mini-window.
    3. Now the mini-window offers to let you pick an institution. Use the search bar to enter Costco. Pick the option that says "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi
    4. Continue with the "sign in" step. Log in to credit card account in the web browser. Citi web page says authorization successful. Quicken agrees!
    5. Make sure that all accounts say "link to existing account" and verify that they're being linked to the correct accounts!

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @TkPk,

Thank you for coming to share those troubleshooting steps that you took, I am happy to hear that the issue was resolved for you!

Hello @jrgray,

Were those troubleshooting steps provided by @TkPk able to help you reach a resolution as well?

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jrgray
    jrgray Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I figured it out on my own, which I should not have had to do, nor rely on another user to provide troubleshooting steps. Quicken broke the Citibank connections and Quicken should have fixed it and provided this “workaround” in the announcement it was fixed (not that a workaround should have been required).

• JohnA
    JohnA Member ✭✭✭

I found what the problem was. I was reconnecting to Citi Cards that always failed. There are some new choices that are more specific to my card that worked fine. I would advise everyone when running the troubleshooting steps above when you type "Back" and get a list of FIs, to do a search of Citi to see if there's another FI that works.

• JT@21
    JT@21 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Credit cards may be working but downloading transactions via one step update is not. Same issued as posted by many others. Quicken is stating Citibank needs to reauthorize access to accounts and it is not goiing through. 1 week. Unacceptable Quicken.

• JT@21
    JT@21 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

As of 3:30 EST download transactions with One Step Update was successful. FINALLY !

• conwaynyc
    conwaynyc Member ✭✭✭

Also able to re-establish express web connect download in Quicken. 9:15am EST.

Agree with other users that Quicken could and should have provided much more in terms of support and communications.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello All,

Thank you for coming back to update us!

-Quicken Jasmine

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 5

For me, one step update seems to be connecting to citibank, but no transactions download, and "last download" says this am, not now (in the PM), and doesn't update. disabling , then re enabling, the account leads back to same thing.

Tried again, deactivated, re activated, cc501 repeatedly. This mess with Citibank has gone on way too long, and marking alerts as fixed and closed doesn't help.

• conwaynyc
    conwaynyc Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 8

[Removed - Off Topic/Speculation/Inaccurate]

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭

now cc506. repeatedly. error message of the day

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭

Today, it connects and downloads ok to citibank and citicards. BUT, and a big but, the next time I try a one step update, I find that online services on either citibank and/or citicards is DISABLED, and I have to re authorize and reconnect all over again. This happened at least 4 times today.

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭

still connecting, then next day cc506, requiring a re do of the connection. a mess.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello All,

Who is still experiencing issues and what exactly is occurring?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

• conwaynyc
    conwaynyc Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 9

I thought the issue was resolved Oct. 3 - I was able to authorize my CitiBank account and download transactions. However, today I performed a one-step update (first time since October 3 and including an update pushed to R59.10 Build 27.1.59.10) I was required to reauthorize by connecting to Citibank, and then confirming links - then Update continued. I did not experience opening balances being changed.

Once finished reviewing transactions and accepting, I closed Quicken and restarted my laptop, then opened Quicken and ran another update which seemed to process CitiBank (no new transactions), so hopefully the re-Authorization today is a one-time-only event.

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 9

Jasmine,

after all the connection issues last few weeks, I'd hoped things were settled down, but it is still a mess. For example, yesterday, I had cc506 error. I have two "citibank" accounts, one citibank, one citicards. After attempting updating, one or the other will suddenly show as not having any online connection, so I have to re set up, re authorize, match the accounts to the ones in Quicken. Then it looks ok, and one step update works. A few hours later, I do a 1 step update again, and I get cc506 "quicken is unable to update your account. This may be because the account was closed, or it's nickname was changed". this seems to alternate between the banking and citicards connection. I did a validate, a supervalidate, reconnected to the accounts a few hours ago, looked ok, and just now I got the same cc506 error again on citicards. I cannot keep both accounts connected for any length of time without the whole deactivate, setup, authorize, reconnect, download, rinse and repeat.

One thing to look at (maybe) is that if I set up the connection to Citibank, when I authorize I only check off the checking account, not the credit card, since that connects to "citiCards", a different connection. Similarly, if I connect to CitiCARDS, and authorize, I only check off the credit card account, not checking, since that uses theh CitiBANK connection. Would that cause any of the cc506 issues I see (since I am not "authorizing" ALL the accounts on both authorizing attempts?

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭

Though it seems wrong, by signing in to both my Banking and Credit Card accounts at "CitiCARDS" (rather than CitiBANK, or separately), it seems to be working without errors today. One Step Update is downloading without errors . We shall see for how long, but connecting to "CitiCARDS" only works for me for now.

• SJKoots
    SJKoots Quicken Windows Subscription Member

This also solved a problem I had with another Citi Bank card.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello All,

Thank you for coming back to update us! I am happy to hear that the issues are resolved!

-Quicken Jasmine