Windows 11 and 2013

Dynochrome144
Dynochrome144 Quicken Windows Other Member

I would think this question would be easy to find, but I have searched the internet and this forum and can find no solid answer, just maybes and probably.

Will Quicken 2013 work on a Windows 11 computer?

[edit]fixed typo in title

Best Answers

• splasher
    splasher Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Yes. I am running it on a second Win 11 Home laptop successfully.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Dynochrome144
    Answer ✓

I read about the ID thing so I want to use 2013, I like it and it does everything I need, I won't be upgrading because for me, there is nowhere to go up. If it stops working on future windows, I'll have to start over with another free program, I don't want to do a monthly subscription, but I would do a "buy it once" offline thing but of course it's not offered. I have dropped many soft wares that went to monthly only, I can't justify that. Thank you.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Yes. I am running it on a second Win 11 Home laptop successfully.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

This article has a Quicken 2011 title but also references Quickn 2013.

• Dynochrome144

Thank you. I was reading about these patches to use latest ones being R12 and R12M (meaning manual or "mondo"?). Are they necessary for windows 11 or just if you have issues? I read about the differences and it read the mondo one would be smaller but in this case the non "mondo" one (whatever that means) was quite a bit larger.

I'm running a "stock" 2013 (love it) on my windows 10 and I don't recall adding patches, Do they add anything, and should I add them?

Thank you, I want to keep using this software as it does everything I need but am concerned about it being future friendly, I've got so much in it and I would prefer not to change, I could use it forever if I could, it does what I need.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl Quicken Windows Other SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You can download the full 2013 Deluxe program which doesn't need patching directly from Quicken for free using this how to convert article. It’s under Converting from Quicken 2004-2009. Click on the blue words Quicken 2013 for Windows in step 3

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken

Otherwise if you want to install your own 2013 CD like if you have Premier or Home&Business you will need to patch it. One of the SuperUsers has posted the update patches for older versions (2000 and newer) of Quicken

http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-patches-us.html

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Dynochrome144

Thanks, I wasn't clear when it did and didn't need patches but am still a little confused by "Converting from Quicken 2004-2009" I wasn't upgrading, I downloaded Quicken deluxe 2013 from the blue words link and want to install it directly into a new windows 11 computer for someone staring off fresh and wanted to check if that is working. So I take it the link to the 2013 program already has the latest patches included? Thank you!

• volvogirl
    volvogirl Quicken Windows Other SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes the free 2013 Deluxe they provide (so you can convert to a newer version) has all the patches. You don't have to continue on to a newer version. You can use 2013 Deluxe. It is the full program. I have 2013 Premier on my Desktop computer but I also have a laptop without a CD drive that I downloaded the 2013 Deluxe. I'm staying on 2013. Starting in 2014 they instituted an ID password to get into your own data.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Dynochrome144
    Answer ✓

I read about the ID thing so I want to use 2013, I like it and it does everything I need, I won't be upgrading because for me, there is nowhere to go up. If it stops working on future windows, I'll have to start over with another free program, I don't want to do a monthly subscription, but I would do a "buy it once" offline thing but of course it's not offered. I have dropped many soft wares that went to monthly only, I can't justify that. Thank you.