Citi Bank Checking Account Download Issue

dlopez
dlopez Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I've seen other recent posts about Citi Credit Card download issues, but those discussion threads have been closed, so I'm making this posting. My problem is with Citi Banking (checking, savings accounts) but the behavior is similar to what was described in the Credit Card posts.

Following the recent announcement on this forum that Citi down load issues from last week had been resolved, I reauthorized my accounts on the Citi website. When I went back into Quicken (I'm on Windows/Quicken Classic), and went through One Step Update, Quicken tells me that the update is complete, but no new transactions appear and it shows my checking balance as $0.00. I know for a fact that I've had 30-35 transactions in my account since the last successful Quicken update and I know my balance is not zero.

One of the posts related to Citi Credit Cards suggested going into the acocunt profile to delete the field with the account number etc. That information is grayed out and is not editable (as far as I can tell).

Comments

• Cyndisu
    Cyndisu Quicken Windows Subscription Member

what is the status of this Citi download issue and what do I need to do to get Quicken receiving downloads from Citi CC again?

• dlopez
    dlopez Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Just to let folks know — I have resolved the issue above. It turns out that in my most recent reauthorization of my Citi accounts, without my noticing it, Quicken had assigned the downloaded info from two Citi accounts (checking and overdraft checking) to one Quicken account (overdraft checking). The result was that all of my checking account transactions were showing up in my overdraft.

I hadn't even known that this outcome was possible, so I'm passing along my experience in the hope that it will help someone else.

The solution was to deactivate all of my Citi accounts, including credit cards etc, and reauthorizing. This allowed me to reassign the incoming downloads to the correct Quicken account.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @dlopez,

We appreciate you updating your post and sharing the solution that worked for you as it may help others experiencing the same.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• KPaisley
    KPaisley Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

My Citi Premier Strata MC and Citi Costco Visa are still not downloading transactions during one-step update. Pending transactions are also not appearing. I have been through the deactivate and reauthorize process several times. I can download new entries manually direct from the Citi portal so I know Quicken can see the .QFX files. This is unacceptable and has been going on too long without resolution.

• mackm
    mackm Quicken Windows Other Member

Pending transactions are not appearing in Citi Costco Visa. Posted transactions are back but not pending.

• thetraveler
    thetraveler Quicken Windows Subscription Member

My four Citi cards still not updating. Chatted with customer support, had a Level 1 tech reading from a script of deactivate/reactivate. I had already don that multiple times.

Quicken to be clear, this problem is not resolved. Pleaser resolve.

• ruprecht111
    ruprecht111 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I still can't access my multiple Citi accounts via Quicken. Citi rep gave me a ticket number for quicken for this issue - 11296799. I have tried to reauthorize the accounts but get a SECURITY ALERT message that I can access the account for Security Reasons and to contact Citi. I feel like I am a ping pong ball just being volleyed between Citi and Quicken.

• Venise
    Venise Quicken Windows Subscription Member
    edited October 7

I have not been able to download my citi bank transactions for over 1 week. I spent 3+ hours on the phone with Quicken support. They had me backup my account then delete my accounts them reconnect to citi cards. It did not work. Got disconnected after 3+ hours and the support team didn't call me back. This is incredibly frustrating and unprofessional. It was never fixed even when I received a notification that it was fixed. Quicken - get it together and fix this problem! [Edited - Readability]

• JLMoore108
    JLMoore108 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

after a frustrating week of Quicken not syncing with my 2 citi cards I received a notice that the problem was fixed. And it was… for about 4 days. Then I got a message that I needed to reconnect Quicken with my citi cards. Upon doing so I get a message that my online access has been locked because of multiple failed signin attempts. Both of which is not true because I can login to my citi card both on a PC and from the APP on my iPad with my usual password.