Using Q for NFP in the U.S. - having trouble with categories

Good evening, I am able to make new categories, but unable to assign them to the proper "group" and all categories are being automatically assigned as personal expenses or personal income. I do understand this is due to taxing regulations and how assigned to schedules for tax purposes. However, we are a registered 501© and I need to use this to report to my accountants. I am in the process of taking all of our records to automation, so I need categories to cooperate. I am using Quicken web for windows and have been for over a year.

Anyone have any suggestions for how to get the categories in the right groups? I tried to use the edit button, but even after I press save, it reverts back to either a personal income or personal expense group.

I'm so frustrated.

Signed,

New to Q

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl Quicken Windows Other SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Will this help? For an income or expense category to show up under Business you have to assign it a Schedule C tax line number. Go into Edit Category and assign it one.

To check the tax line assignment open the Category list by either clicking on the Category Icon or go to Tools-Category List or Ctrl+Shift+C. Then select the category and right click on it to Edit it. Click on the Tax Reporting Tab and check the box for Tax related and pick a Schedule C: tax line item.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-assign-tax-form-line-items-category

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.