One Step Update – Multiple Profiles

rjk58947
rjk58947 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
edited October 8 in Product Enhancements

I’ve used Quicken for over 30 years and am currently on Quicken Classic Deluxe R59.10 / Windows 11 Pro. I use One Step Update (OSU), which has certainly had its challenges from time to time. That said, I find the automated updating very useful given the large number of accounts I am managing. Currently I perform a OSU on all accounts on a weekly basis. During the week I often do daily update my CC accounts and checking accounts. Since I don’t need / want to update all accounts, I am forced to do individual updates on the credit cards and checking accounts.

It would be great to have multiple OSU Profiles so that I could update all accounts in one profile (weekly), and my CCs and checking accounts in another profile (daily). Doing so would simplify an important fraud detection tool by making it easier to see any new activity on your CCs and checking accounts more frequently. Monitoring all accounts is important for fraud detection, but I’ve seen the highest incidence on CCs, so those are the ones I want to watch the closest. Ideally Quicken could have the capability for several update profiles so that a variety of update needs could be achieved. Such profiles could be on demand or schedulable.

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• RalphC
    RalphC Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

Why would you not want to update all accounts on a daily basis? It's automated, so if you're updating your credit cards and banking on a daily basis anyway, why not just do all accounts? Seems to me you're making it unduly complicated.

• rjk58947
    rjk58947 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Nope, trying to simplify and streamline. More than one of my financial institutions require 2FA for One Step Update. When I update everything I get 2FA challenges that require that I respond with an authentication code. I also have well over 25 accounts to be updated. Updating everything takes a long time and requires "baby sitting" because of the 2FA. I don't want / need to do that daily.

• David H.
    David H. Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Alternate idea. Disable the weeklies from OSU and update directly from within the account register. If one account happens to use the same institution (say Chase CC#1 and Chase CC#2) both will update with the one login. Ctrl-Alt-U is the keystroke when you are looking at the transaction register and you might have less 2FA to wait through.