Quicken suddenly quit updating mutual fund and stock quotes.

Scotsman
Scotsman Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I have the latest update for Quicken for Windows,(R59.10). I have found updates to mutual fund and stock accounts have worked normally since the previous failure on May 17, 2022. However, on October 15, 2024 the same issue happened again. It looks like One Step Update works, but the update to Investments, including mutual funds and stocks, has suddenly stopped working. I suspect this is some technical issue at Quicken's end, because of its sudden onset.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Which fund company are you referencing? What brokerage?

Can you still download into other accounts?

And when you do HELP, About Quicken … what shows as your "Membership Valid thru" date?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• island224
    island224 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I noticed the same, October 15th, no update to the investment prices. Our accounts are with The Capital Group / American Funds and Fidelity.

• island224
    island224 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Today the market values for October 15 were updated along with today investment prices. All good.

• Scotsman
    edited October 16

Not ACPA: See complete response below.

• Scotsman

To answer your question, it's all of my stock and bond mutual funds, that are mostly DWS and Vanguard, and all of my individual stocks, that run the gamut. There is no problem downloading to banking accounts. My membership is automatically renewed.

island224: This is exactly what happened to me, on the same date. The issue involved only investment prices. Must be a server problem somewhere.

• Scotsman

Island 224: Still no luck here: prices and market values do not update.

• Bananabowl
    Bananabowl Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I have something similar happening. I was able to download transaction updates from my Schwab brokerage accounts, but I can't download new transactions for my Capital One credit card. I have several transactions visible on my bank web site that go back several days (as far back as Saturday, today is Wednesday). Usually they are able to be downloaded within a couple of days after the transaction. This is unusual.

• Scotsman

I've "been there, done that" as this is the second time in about two years that this happened to me. It seems to be working again, but I'll wait a few days to verify that all of my Investment accounts are updating. There have also been occasions in which bank data didn't update, but it seems to recover on its own after a few days. Quicken moves in strange ways.

• Diana Salmon
    Diana Salmon Member ✭✭
    edited October 16

My bank sent emails apologizing for their websites not working. Could there have been some sort of breach to some financial institutions causing some sort of interuptions?

• CountDeMonet2022
    CountDeMonet2022 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Cryptocurrency prices are no longer downloading when using "Update Quotes Only" I have ^BTCUSD security, for example. It used to download the current price whenever I did "Update Quotes Only." My Schwab brokerage is fine, but crypto prices no longer updating. I just updated to Quicken H&B R59.18, so I suspect may be it was that. Anyone else having issues?