Proper way to generate Transfer Report

justmakeitwork
justmakeitwork Quicken Canada Subscription Member, Windows Beta, Canada Beta Beta

I want to generate a report of all transfers from a company in a fiscal year. This should include all transfers to and from Investment Accounts and transfers to personal accounts. My accountant wants this to reconcile the books at year end.

What is the expected way to generate this report?

Currently, I create a transactions report. Then I do the following for Company A :

• Accounts: Check accounts owned by company A.
  • Categories/Expenses: Uncheck all expenses
  • Categories/Accounts: Check all accounts from other entities (me, my wife, Company B, company C, company D)
  • Categories/Accounts/CreditCards: Uncheck all credit card accounts

This will produce a report which is organized by account and shows all the transfer in and out of companies A's accounts.

The issue is maintaining this setup

1. There are a number of new accounts that get added or deleted (creditcards, mortgages, etc)
  2. The "Only show new accounts" in the report doesn't work and always shows the majority of categories so it makes it difficult to truly know each new account.
  3. There is a bug in Quicken in which if a transfer is first entered from an investment account to a bank account it will only shows 0.00 in the report. However, if it was first entered from the bank account to the investment account it will show correctly. I have to go back into the bank account and delete the category then reselect the investment account and it will show up. (I have reported the bug sometime last year)

So, I am starting to think if others do not see this bug and other issues maybe there is a better way to do what I am trying to accomplish. Which is provide a report of all transfers from each business account.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 17

There isn't, inherently, a "transfer report" in Q. So your cobbled-together transactions report is probably your only option.

Transfers can go to/from any account and a transfer can be contained within a split (such as a loan payment). So this is FAR from a simple request.

You might try clicking "Flag" on your own post and asking a Mod to convert it to an IDEA, to see if it gathers any support from other users … that's how (if it gets enough support) the Developers MIGHT consider it. About 50 votes seems to be the threshold.

But, frankly, I don't see it gathering a lot of support.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP