BOA Reauthorization Won't Link To BoA Account

Jnic
Jnic Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

Premier on R58.14 and Windows 10.

Yesterday my BoA credit card wouldn't update and I got the red circle with a diagonal line next to my account indicating that the account needed to be fixed. Today I clicked on the red circle "Fix" button. Went through the reauthorization process however when I got to the end (back to Quicken) I wasn't allowed to link to my account. See popup window below.

Notice that the ONLY action available was preselected as "Don't add to Quicken". There is no way to link to the existing account shown in the popup. When I pressed "Next" the Red circle next to my BoA account was still there and the account did not update.

The happy ending and why I'm writing this post is that running One Step Update without the BoA account then updating the BoA account separately did update and the dreaded Red circle disappeared. I hope this helps others and Quicken to fix this.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @Jnic,

Thank you for coming to the Community and sharing the issue and how it was resolved!

The issue you described with the only option being "Don't Add to Quicken" happens when Quicken still sees the account as connected. Should you encounter that issue again, the way to correct it is to backup your Quicken file, deactivate the problem account, then go to Tools>Add Account and follow the prompts, making sure to carefully link the account to the correct name in Quicken.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jnic
    Jnic Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

@Quicken Kristina Thank you for the explanation. It makes sense and that explains why just running update after the seemingly failed reauthorization process also worked. Hopefully this post will help others.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Thanks for the follow-up,

I'm happy to help!

If you need assistance, please feel free to reach out!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.