I have several mutual funds. They send me quarterly updates with beginning balance, deposits& withdraw, dividends, market value (unrealized), end of quarter. Quicken Investing screen requires a number of shares and share price, but that does not apply to mutual funds. So I am left with Property & Debt page which seems only to allow me to enter the balance sheet side of the mutual fund, showing only the changes to the asset, without the impact on income (realized or unrealized) nor on inter fund transfers. It does reflect the cash account for transfers to checking. There is lots to like about Quicken, I hope to set up some process that I can manually enter what Quicken can't see.
What type of account is this? Brokerage? Account at the mutual fund company? 401(k)? Something else?
Is this an online account, or do you enter the data manually?
Publicly traded mutual funds have shares and ticker symbols. Do your funds have ticker symbols?
With this information, we can better answer your questions.