I was having an issue downloading transactions from my Bank of America credit card account; my situation got escalated, and I was working with someone at Quicken to resolve this issue. I don't use mobile or web access for Quicken, but part of the fix was to turn on the sync that I had off. Well - sync never really went very well. It took 2.5 hours, then I got an error. We restarted it, and there was another error, but it said sync worked (but it took another 2 hours for that to occur). Now, with sync on, it takes forever to contact a financial institution (via a one-step update with only 1 institution or if I do it with multiple). Oh, and the whole having sync thing didn't even fix my other problem. So now I have 2.
I'm waiting to hear back from Quicken about what I should be doing for my first issue. But is it really necessary to have sync enabled?
[Edited-Readability]