Quicken FAQ: How do I move my Quicken files between computers?

Options
[Deleted User]
edited July 2018 in FAQ'S (Windows)

How do I move my Quicken files between computers?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 2021
    Options

If you're moving the data from Windows to Windows or Mac to Mac, it's as easy as backing up your original data file, then restoring your data file on the computer you'd like to move the data to.

You'll need Quicken installed on the computer you want to move the data to. Your backup contains your financial data but needs the entire Quicken software package to read it.

On the original computer, in Quicken:
    • For Windows: choose File menu Backup and Restore > Backup Quicken File to backup your data file to an external source, such as USB thumb drive or other media.
    • For Mac: Choose File menu > Save a Backup
    On the target computer, connect the USB thumb drive or other media you have your data file on.
    • For Windows: choose File menu Backup and Restore > Restore from Backup, and navigate to the external disk to restore the data file.
    • For Mac: choose File Menu > Restore from Backup
    Select the file you want, and click OK.

Using your original CD or download file, install Quicken on the new computer.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-get-replacement-cd-or-download-quicken

If you no longer have the CD or download file:

If you no longer have the CD or downloaded file for a version of Quicken that is no longer supported, you will need to purchase a supported version to install on your second computer. This does not mean you have to purchase more than one copy of Quicken in order to install it on multiple computers. If the version of Quicken you want to install on the other computer is still supported, contact Quicken Support to order a replacement CD or download.

Open your data file in Quicken.

If you have updated to a newer version, Quicken will convert your file to the newer format.

[Edited To Update]
This discussion has been closed.