Quicken FAQ: How do I install Quicken from a CD/DVD?

Options
[Deleted User]
edited December 2018 in FAQ'S (Windows)

How do I install Quicken from a CD/DVD?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2016
    Options

If you already have Quicken installed and would like to install a newer version, you don't need to uninstall the previous version first.

1. Insert the Quicken installation CD into the CD/DVD drive. Typically, the CD will auto-start the installation process for you. If it doesn't
      1. Click the Start button and select Computer (or My Computer is older versions of Windows).
      2. Right-click the CD-ROM drive that contains the Quicken installation CD, and select Explore.
      3. Double-click the install.exe file.
      4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
    2. The Quicken installation wizard will open. Click Next.
    3. Before installing Quicken, you'll need to accept the license agreement. Once you do, click Next.
    4. The next step is to select the destination folder. It's recommended to use the default location. Click Next.
    5. You're ready to install Quicken! This window explains what will happen next, which includes uninstalling older versions of Quicken (not your data -- that's safe!) and updating Quicken to the latest release if you're connected to the internet. Click Next to begin.
    6. The next window you'll see is the installation progress.
    7. You'll also see a smaller window pop up in front when it's downloading the latest updates.
    8. When Quicken finishes installing, you'll see a window that reads Installation Complete. Click Finish to open Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.