Quicken on-line portfolio issues

TitoG
TitoG Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
my on-line portfolio is out of date, inaccurate and wrong...

I would like to erase it completely.

Is there any known way to completely delete it so I might try to upload (from Quicken 2016 for windows) a fresh new and accurate one.

Thanks

Comments

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited January 2019
    Create a blank new one manually on Investing.Quicken.com with exactly the same name. It will overwrite the old one and the new one can then be deleted. Start fresh if you want with a new synch from Quicken.
  • TitoG
    TitoG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I have 75 portfolios..... I can;t delete them..... somehow every stock is a portfolio....
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited December 2016
    TitoG said:

I have 75 portfolios..... I can;t delete them..... somehow every stock is a portfolio....

Bummer. The only way I know is to log on to the website and click Add a Portfolio; enter the same name as one of the existing portfolios; it will write over the old one and the new one can be deleted. That would be times 75 in your case.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    TitoG said:

75 portfolios ... unless you're Warren Buffet or Bill Gates, that just doesn't sound right to me.

How many real-world investment accounts do you have in Quicken on your desktop/laptop?
    Or are you having many mutual funds with one brokerage, but each one tracked as a separate Single Mutual Fund account, both at your brokerage and in Quicken?

Maybe Quicken Support can help you erase all your on-line portfolios, so that you can start over? To
    contact Quicken Support go to http://www.quicken.com/contact-support

• TitoG
    TitoG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    TitoG said:

3-4 years ago I mistakenly entered each stock as an account... due to the fact that the brokerage house I used did not support quicken. so I have on line a portfolio aapl. another GM... etc etc. in addition I have a portfolio of the current broker, that does support quicken.

and I can not delete any of the old portfolios.....
  • TitoG
    TitoG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    TitoG said:

so...I'm not W Buffet but I have many dead portfolios....
  • TitoG
    TitoG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    TitoG said:

• TitoG
    TitoG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    TitoG said:

now you see what I mean
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    TitoG said:

Thanks for explaining and including an image, Warren.     <g,d,r>

What happens when you click the (X) button to the left of each of the portfolios listed?
  • TitoG
    TitoG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    TitoG said:

obviously nothing.......
  • TitoG
    TitoG Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    TitoG said:

interesting... I just tried to login using firefox... and the delete button suddenly works... Quicken is not compatible with Chrome....
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    TitoG said:

"Quicken is not compatible with Chrome...."

or vice versa. Would be nice if we could get someone from Quicken to comment ...

I'm just glad you found a solution.
  • GrandmaJo
    GrandmaJo Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    TitoG said:

What about Microsoft Edge? I can't delete my accounts using Edge on Win10 with the latest updates applied.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    TitoG said:

When I have had trouble deleting portfolios from the investing.quicken.com site I have used the following sequence effectively.

1)  Portfolio Analysis tab / Manage Web Portfolios and Watchlists
    2)  To the right side of each web portfolio listed (off right of where TitoG snipped) is a "Manage Portfolio" link - Click that.
    3)  At the top of the page are the links to "Edit Name/Currency" and "Delete".  Click the "Delete".  That selection has worked when the X selection on the prior page did not.  
This discussion has been closed.