asset allocation: can't identify investments listed as "no asset class"

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
investing->allocation
10% of my investments are listed as "no asset class"
i can't figure out which investment (s) this is
have clicked "download asset class"
and manually checked all investments in my portfolio--all have an asset class defined. 

any idea how to find the mystery investment?

Comments

• Reed Welch
    Reed Welch Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Quicken doesn't do a good job at this. I suggest you use your financial web site , they tend to do a pretty good job, at least Schwab does in my case.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Quicken doesn't do a good job at this. I suggest you use your financial web site , they tend to do a pretty good job, at least Schwab does in my case.

thanks for the suggestion, with investments at 5 different institutions and a bank, i'd rather not duplicate the labor already done in quicken, just need a way to identify which investment has no asset class assigned
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Run an Asset Allocation report. They will be listed in it.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

Run an Asset Allocation report. They will be listed in it.

bingo, found an "unidentified security" under "no asset class" traced it down using the security balance to a bugged 403b download, thanks
  • Diver42420
    Diver42420 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Options
    After you find the assets how do you assign a class to them? Mine are laddered CDs in a fidelity account.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Options

After you find the assets how do you assign a class to them? Mine are laddered CDs in a fidelity account.

For CD's, I expect you have to manually assign the asset class (Cash?) through the Edit Security Details.  You can get there by clicking on the security in the Security List (Ctrl-Y).  
This discussion has been closed.