show memo in a security list

David Nicholas Sargeaunt
David Nicholas Sargeaunt Member ✭✭
edited September 2017 in Investing (Windows)
I have used Memo to identify securities with particular properties and I need to create a security list with the memos in it, how do I do this?

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Hi David,

I'm sorry for any confusion this may have caused. To help us provide the most appropriate response, please let us know which Quicken product (QWin or QMac) and what version (2016, 2017, etc.) you are using. Also, are you using the US version of Quicken or Quicken Canada?

Thanks,
    Dave
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    There is additional info you can add to each security, such as its investment goal and comments. Unfortunately, neither of these will display in the Security List.

It may be possible to display the investing goal in a Portfolio view - I'm not in front of my computer at the moment, so can't confirm it.

I think your best bet would be to include an abbreviated memo in the security name as the security name is viewable pretty much everywhere you would use the security.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• David Nicholas Sargeaunt
    David Nicholas Sargeaunt Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    mshiggins said:

There is additional info you can add to each security, such as its investment goal and comments. Unfortunately, neither of these will display in the Security List.

It may be possible to display the investing goal in a Portfolio view - I'm not in front of my computer at the moment, so can't confirm it.

I think your best bet would be to include an abbreviated memo in the security name as the security name is viewable pretty much everywhere you would use the security.

Many thanks. I have resolved it by using editing the investment goals to those that I need and then under investing view I have sorted by investment goal, this works well and solves my problem.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    mshiggins said:

Thanks for posting back to confirm the solution you used.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.