Prudential retirement accounts not available for download

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited November 2018 in Investing (Mac)
Are there any conversations surrounding when Prudential retirement accounts will be available for download to Quicken for Mac?

Comments

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2017
    There usually isn't much conversation here other than telling users that they will have to voice their request to the financial institution (Prudential in your case) that you want them to support Quicken. At this point, they have opted not to.

You certainly are free to manually enter transactions/securities, however.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2017
    Agreed. I have been manually entering them since my switch to Mac from Windows. I have reached out to Prudential once already... I will again. Manual entry = so 20th century.  Thanks for the reply.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2017
    I spoke with them today.  They gave me directions which I could not follow because Prudential is not listed in the list.  Prudential believes that they should be there.  sigh.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017

I spoke with them today.  They gave me directions which I could not follow because Prudential is not listed in the list.  Prudential believes that they should be there.  sigh.

Prudential does not offer a downloadable file format for Quicken for Mac, the Windows version does allow it. Hopefully they will make this available soon. It is rather mind-boggling.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    Quicken has the influence to get Prudential to support a Mac version, not us as end users. Until Quicken gets prudential to link, I see no reason to upgrade with Quicken.
  • Johnathan Callender
    Johnathan Callender Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Can anyone tell me how to set up and add transactions for a 401K manually?  I have only worked with automatic download accounts in the past.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Alumni
    edited January 2017

Can anyone tell me how to set up and add transactions for a 401K manually?  I have only worked with automatic download accounts in the past.

@Jonathan, Please create a new post for your question. Your question is related to the original post, but since your question isn't actually the same, creating a new post will make sure your question gets the visibility and attention it deserves.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2017
    Did the email to Prudential, got the canned replay back.  Did follow the directions to Home Page > Account Summary > Transaction History, to see the option of "Using Quicken".  Then downloaded  the directions.  Nada.  Am frustrated with Prudential, as well as frustrated with Quicken (updated to 2017, thought that I would have more functionality.  So far, I am seeing nothing different, except a lovely charge that did download .)
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    Prudential needs to make contact with quicken to enable electronic downloads, since prudential supports downloads for QW I suspect they do not want to pony up the fees to support QM.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    For Quicken 2011-2017 -  When entering in your account number:

Enter Account Number as follows: Enter your plan number following by a capital X, then enter your
    sub plan number (if no sub plan then use 000000) followed by a capital X, and then enter the last 4
    digits of your social security number.

Example: If your plan id was 123456, there is no sub plan number and the last 4 digits of your social
    security number was 1234 then the account number would be the following: 123456X000000X1234.

Note: Plan number and sub plan number (if applicable) can be found by logging into your Prudential
    Retirement account and going to the Personal Information page. If your plan does not have a sub
    plan number then it will not be listed on the personal information page.
  • Johnathan Callender
    Johnathan Callender Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    This is supposed to work for QW but there is no support for QM.
This discussion has been closed.