Investment account cash not appearing in Net Worth

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Using Quicken Home & Business 2015 R4. I have a Personal Investment account I call Financial Plan. I sold one of the Mutual Funds in it and put that cash (still in the Financial Plan) into a high interest account. That amount still shows up in the Account but it does not show up in the Net Worth amount associated with that account. Where is it? How do I get it to show in the Net Worth?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Are you tracking that "high interest account" separately from the investment account and all other bank accounts?
    If not, you should consider creating an appropriate new account in Quicken and then transferring the cash from the investment account to the new account. I assume this is the same as you did in the real world ...

If that doesn't answer your question, please provide some more details on the nature of this "high interest account". Is it a separate account  at a different bank or is it just another mutual fund at the same brokerage?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I don't track it as a separate Quicken account, I am trying to track it as a holding in my investment account (called Financial Plan). The other holdings are reported correctly in the Net Worth but not this one. It is held by the same brokerage -- well, actually it is a bank's wealth mgmt service that is the broker so the high interest account is just a special bank investment savings account that the brokerage service manages for me. Is that better?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

I don't track it as a separate Quicken account, I am trying to track it as a holding in my investment account (called Financial Plan). The other holdings are reported correctly in the Net Worth but not this one. It is held by the same brokerage -- well, actually it is a bank's wealth mgmt service that is the broker so the high interest account is just a special bank investment savings account that the brokerage service manages for me. Is that better?

Did you record, in Q, the purchase of that "high interest account", as if it was a security?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

You've got me checking things. I think I have confused 2 issues. The high interest account is OK. If I look at the details of Financial Plan for today in my Net Worth, the Net Worth report is only showing the "Amount Invested" total and not the "Cash" amount which, at the moment, is 1/2 of the value so it looks like a significant chunk just disappeared. It seems to be something that I did wrong in the last few months so I'm going to comb through those transactions and figure it out.
This discussion has been closed.