I can't get my investment performance report to work (IRR).

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited July 2018 in Investing (Windows)
When I order a IRR report only one security shows up. I can switch between individual securities but only one at a time. If I pick a diffrent account the data -seems- to be there but if I tell it to sort by security NOTHING shows on the report.

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Try a different date range.  That might shed a clue.  

What version of Quicken - year and level and release?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    It's Deluxe 2016. Release 10
    The steps:
    Click on:
    Reports and graphs
    Investment performance
    Show report
    Customize
    Select just one acct
    It shows ONLY money market, IE cash. NOT the securities in that account.

Let me fool with this some more but changing the date range doesn't make any difference. I'll try to define the question better.

Thanks!
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    The investment performance shows performance in a "pot" = selected securities and accounts, defaults to all investments:
    • Beginning Market Value == all (selected) securities and cash
    • Transactions, but only those withdrawing from or adding to the pot.  Transactions within the pot are not germane.
    • Ending Market Value for the pot.
    You should not be expecting to see the details of all the holdings within the pot (the size of the carrots, potatoes, and beef chunks), though you can subtotal on those smaller pieces if desired.

Transactions in and out with the money market would be listed for the one account.  The beginning and ending Market Values should reflect the other securities without listing them in detail.
  • David Anderson
    David Anderson Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    q.lurker said:

The investment performance shows performance in a "pot" = selected securities and accounts, defaults to all investments:

• Transactions, but only those withdrawing from or adding to the pot.  Transactions within the pot are not germane.
    You should not be expecting to see the details of all the holdings within the pot (the size of the carrots, potatoes, and beef chunks), though you can subtotal on those smaller pieces if desired.

Transactions in and out with the money market would be listed for the one account.  The beginning and ending Market Values should reflect the other securities without listing them in detail.
    The IRR calculation is incorrect, it apparently is not being done according to the algorithm explanation in the help, which I think looks correct.  Returns shown are way too high. Compared in Excel, none of my accounts are correct.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    q.lurker said:

@David Anderson:  You've provided no information which can be used to formulate a response or give you you guidance to assess your issue.  What do you expect someone to offer you based on the information you have supplied?  Whenever I have made an apples to apples comparison between the Quicken report and an Excel calculation the resulting performance percentages have been within 0.01% of each other.  I have used that comparison to conclude that the IRR calculations are correct.

You need to provide some data and preferable screenshots (see Windows Snipping Tool) to get your issue diagnosed.
This discussion has been closed.