schwab deposit & cash accounts

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited June 2018 in Investing (Mac)
Quicken Mac 2017 ver 4.4.1 (just upgraded from 2007)
I have a Schwab investment account. They use to put cash in a Money Account with a symbol but now they have a "Deposit Account" (no symbol)  as well as a cash account. When they switched, and I was manually entering monthly data, I kept the Money Account active as a substitute for the Deposit Account. This allowed me to keep the cash balance separate as it shows on the Schwab Statement.

I have upgraded to Quicken 2017 and downloaded last months transactions. It does not recognize the Deposit Account so no transactions show. The portfolio shows the Money Account but Quicken doesn't allow me to do anything with it. I have tried manually adding and deleting shares. The transactions show in the Transactions window but no matter what I try the Portfolio window doesn't show the change. I also closed the download transaction link and still no success.

So this gives me two problems;
1. How to get Quicken to recognize the Schwab Deposit Account
2. If it can't do that, how to use the Money Account as a substitute.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I have the very same problem, and it results in my investment account on Quicken not being in balance with my account according to Schwab.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    Options
    At present QM does not provide for linked cash accounts, hence there is no way for you to reconcile the Fi cash account.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the info.  Is anyone working on this problem?  It seems to be a meaningful flaw, as my investment account cannot be reconciled.  Makes me wonder if I made a mistake upgrading to Q17.  Anyone else have this concern, or has anyone figured out a work around?  I would be satisfied to make a manual adjustment each month, but haven't figured out a way to do that.
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    QM ('15, '16 and 2017) has a problem with tracking cash accounts at several different brokerage companies. I was on the phone yesterday with my brokerage (Vanguard) and with Quicken support. I spoke with the Vanguard tech who handles coordination with Quicken for Mac who says this is a known issue that Mac users and not Windows users experience and needs to be fixed by Quicken. The Quicken tech support acknowledged that as it currently stands it would take at least 2 "corrective" transactions to fix each instance where there are changes to the settlement account which at Vanguard is the Federal Money Market Fund. If you feel you have the same problem at your brokerage (or at Vanguard) please let the development team know this is something you believe needs to be fixed by the Quicken team. I am not aware of any acknowledgement by the Quicken for Mac team that this is a problem that needs to be addressed. Their development resources are limited and they will only address this problem if they feel there are a number of users who need this fixed.
  • Quicken Colin
    Quicken Colin Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    RCinNJ said:

QM ('15, '16 and 2017) has a problem with tracking cash accounts at several different brokerage companies. I was on the phone yesterday with my brokerage (Vanguard) and with Quicken support. I spoke with the Vanguard tech who handles coordination with Quicken for Mac who says this is a known issue that Mac users and not Windows users experience and needs to be fixed by Quicken. The Quicken tech support acknowledged that as it currently stands it would take at least 2 "corrective" transactions to fix each instance where there are changes to the settlement account which at Vanguard is the Federal Money Market Fund. If you feel you have the same problem at your brokerage (or at Vanguard) please let the development team know this is something you believe needs to be fixed by the Quicken team. I am not aware of any acknowledgement by the Quicken for Mac team that this is a problem that needs to be addressed. Their development resources are limited and they will only address this problem if they feel there are a number of users who need this fixed.

I did some looking and I couldn't find a link between Schwab and Vanguard. Did I miss something recently that ties the two together?
  • Quicken Colin
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Ralph said:

Thanks for the info.  Is anyone working on this problem?  It seems to be a meaningful flaw, as my investment account cannot be reconciled.  Makes me wonder if I made a mistake upgrading to Q17.  Anyone else have this concern, or has anyone figured out a work around?  I would be satisfied to make a manual adjustment each month, but haven't figured out a way to do that.

All features released for Quicken for Mac are based on customer feed back.  I suggest looking through the Ideas here in the community, and voting for the ones that you would like to see.  If you have an idea for a feature you don't see posted already, feel free to post your own.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Ralph said:

Well, I find it unusual that you have a download of investment feature but leave out one of the investments.  This is a flaw in your system, not a feature that we need to get a community to support.  Basically 2017 is a problem for me in that there is no way for me to reconcile my investment report to be correct.  I can't even make a manual adjustment to make it work.  Will have to seriously consider going back to 2007.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Ralph said:

Where and how do you vote? I agree with Ralph, this is a flaw in the system, not a feature. I'm going back to 2007 until the bugs are out of 2017. I can't recommend the app until this is done.
  • Quicken Colin
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Ralph said:

One of our SuperUsers, smayer97, has been keeping close track of the Quicken for Mac suggestions and put together a categorized list of Ideas here: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/categorized-list-of-ideas-of-feature-requests-an...
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Ralph said:

I agree. Voting for new features is one thing. Asking for the correction of a bug or glitch in the program seems to me to be something completely different. If the development team doesn't recognize this as a flaw then I don't see how voting for them to correct a bug they don' believe exists is going to make a difference. They should already be aware of it by now (I know Marcus has responded to me and now so has Quicken Colin), so whether they fix it or not must depend on what they believe needs to be done to make the program-- as it exists today-- work for the largest number of users.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    This version is awful. I've given up and have requested a refund. Back to Q2007.
This discussion has been closed.