Investments purchased Years prior to using Quicken

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited December 2017 in Investing (Windows)
I have stocks and funds purchased over the last 10 years and this is the first time I have decided to use Quicken, which I have had longer than that for bank accounts, for my investments.  I added an Investment account and entered the $$ amount of the base MM fund.  I then went to add a fund I purchased 10 years ago and Quicken insists I enter the source of the $$ used.  I do not want any other account incorrectly modified to do this.  How do I enter a stock or fund purchased prior to setting up my Investment account and NOT indicate a source of funds? I am trying to establish the complete state of my investments as of 12/31/2016.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options

Dave, you can use the Add Shares transaction type rather than the Buy Shares transaction type.

Also, it will help others answer your questions if you indicate the Quicken year version and operating system you are using when you post a question.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Ah, my error on this post.  Thanks for the reminder and I appreciate the tip to use Add shares, will give it a try.  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.