investing.quicken.com not displaying correct day gain

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
investing.quicken.com is showing incorrect day gain numbers, some higher, some lower than actual. For example, right now AMZN is up 11.90 (1.45%) but it shows my day gain up (2.01%) and it shows NFLX down -0.41 (-0.29%) but day gain of (1.68%). This is not the first time this has happened and I expect a financial institution to be able to calculate correctly.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    Quicken's a financial institution?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    gmalis1 said:

Quicken does include Quicken Loans. So in a way they are a financial institution.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    gmalis1 said:

Quicken Loans is not affiliated with Quicken, Inc. Quicken Loans simply licenses the name from Quicken, Inc.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    gmalis1 said:

Very interesting. I didn't know that. Do you know what institution owns Quicken Loans or is it an autonomous organization?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2017
    gmalis1 said:

Here is the copyright notice at the bottom of the home page for Quicken Loans:

©2000 - 2017 Quicken Loans Inc. All rights reserved. Lending services provided by Quicken Loans Inc., a subsidiary of Rock Holdings Inc. "Quicken Loans" is a registered service mark of Intuit Inc., used under license. Quicken Loans is the #1 online lender according to National Mortgage News, Quarter 3, 2015.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    gmalis1 said:

Quicken Loans is an autonomous organization.  For a short period, it was part of the Intuit company.  From the wikipedia page for them:
    Quicken Loans, originally Rock Financial, was founded in 1985 by Dan GilbertRon BermanGary Gilbert and Lindsay Gross.[6] In July 1987 the name was changed to Rock Financial Corp.

As RFC grew so did the head count, hitting 50 employees in August 1991. In May 1998, Gilbert took Rock Financial public, launching an IPO underwritten by Bear Stearns and Prudential Securities.[citation needed]

In December 1999, Intuit Inc. (makers of QuickBooksTurboTax, and Quicken) purchased Rock Financial Corp. for $532M. The company was renamed Quicken Loans. In June 2002, Dan Gilbert led a small group of private investors in purchasing the Quicken Loans subsidiary back from Intuit for $64M.
  • cneal
    cneal Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I have found two different day gain calculations in use at various firms and web sites. One is the change since the market opened today. The other is the change since the market closed yesterday. If the stock gaps up or down at the start of trading you can find a difference in the numbers.

The logic for either method could be considered valid.
This discussion has been closed.