OL-297-a error for Stockcross only; other accounts Update fine.

Options
Peg
Peg Member ✭✭
edited September 2018 in Investing (Windows)
For just one brokerage account - Stockcross - I get OL-297-a error message. Using Quicken Deluxe 2017, Windows 7, IE11. I found this link (https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-297), followed the instructions, still cannot connect. All other banking and brokerage accounts are Updating fine.

Also, downloading transactions for Quicken directly from Stockcross's website, then trying to open the OFX file, I get this message in Quicken "Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution's information for this download. Please try again later." Trying later does not help. This problem started end of September 2016, and I have needed to manually type in transactions. Stockcross Update was working fine before then.

I have tried accessing the same account on a different computer with Quicken (Windows 10, Quicken 2017 Deluxe). Same response whether using Update or downloading file from Stockcross.

I have called Stockcross. They say they are not getting complaints from other customers and that the problem seems to be my machine. So two machines seem to have some problem with Stockcross.
Any suggestions?
Thanks for your help, Peg

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options

Have you tried this
    yet, in case your bank recently changed something?

How to refresh financial institution information
    (Branding)

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-refresh-financial-institution-information-quicken-windows

For a download to succeed, either using One Step Update from within Quicken or with a downloaded QFX file , the bank or brokerage must have a valid contract with Quicken. If that's not the case, OL-297 or "unable to verify" errors result. 
  • Peg
    Peg Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hello UKR, thanks for your help. The instructions on that link did not help. After Step 1, I still get OL-297-A. Then I did Step 2. Same result. Then I tried downloading the QFX file but Quicken returned the same error message "Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution's information for this download. Please try again later".
    What do you suggest to try next?
    Is it possible that StockCross does not have a valid contract with Quicken? How would I find out? Does Quicken publish a list of institutions with valid contracts?
    Thanks again.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options

Only Quicken Support has up-to-date information on supported banks and can dig deeper into the cause of this error.

If you haven't done
    so already, I'd say it's time to contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone
    at  http://www.quicken.com/contact-support  and report an Online Banking issue.

Scroll down to the blue boxes at the bottom of the webpage for access to Chat
    or Phone Support.

Please let us know
    if you were able to get it resolved through Support (or not).

• Peg
    Peg Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Just an update. Quicken support was not able to help. They told me to talk to StockCross. I am pursuing. They have asked me to email them screenshots of the error messages, which I have done. No resolution yet. 
  • Peg
    Peg Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    An update on this: The problem was at Stockcross. It took several weeks to be resolved. Apparently, it was a Java compatibility issue at StockCross. Frankly, I don't understand this well enough to know if this makes sense, but that is what I was told and downloads are now working. I am hoping this information might help someone else with a similar issue. The problem did not appear to be due to Quicken, or my computer.
This discussion has been closed.