Trying to manually download BB&T Retirement info into Quicken for Mac 2017

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Does anyone have BB&T Retirement Service/PlanTrac? I'm trying to figure out how to manually download my info into Quicken Mac 2017 and it it doesn't work. I get a message that Quicken 2017 doesn't support a text file? I specifically upgraded to Quicken 2017 as the BB&T website said I would need the latest release.

Comments

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2017
    I would reach out to BB&T and see if they support the Mac version of Quicken-that matters. The only listing I am seeing in the bank list (outside of cash & credit listings) is BB&T Securities, LLC, so I don't know if that is what you should use. BB&T should be able to assist you.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    I've been trying to. I actually got hold of a rep there who wasn't very clear on what they provided and today I was on hold for over 30 minutes. Very frustrating since I spent $75 on the Quicken upgrade thinking it was necessary.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2017

I've been trying to. I actually got hold of a rep there who wasn't very clear on what they provided and today I was on hold for over 30 minutes. Very frustrating since I spent $75 on the Quicken upgrade thinking it was necessary.

Well, even if you find out that you can't download to the Mac version, don't forget you have a 60 day money back guarantee. You won't be out of any money for the program if you return it.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    First, editorializing: I would love Quicken to do their job and keep the connectivity of Quicken to financial institutions up to date. There are issues with Wells Fargo, Capital One, BB&T, etc.
    That said, I'm pretty sure that automatic download from BB&T plantrac doesn't work and hasn't for years. What DOES work is to log into the plantrac website https://www.bbt.com/investing/retirement-plan-participants/default.page and download from quicken. It's the "Download Activity" link on the left side menu after you log in. That will download a file in your browser that you can double-click on to import into Quicken.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017

First, editorializing: I would love Quicken to do their job and keep the connectivity of Quicken to financial institutions up to date. There are issues with Wells Fargo, Capital One, BB&T, etc.
    That said, I'm pretty sure that automatic download from BB&T plantrac doesn't work and hasn't for years. What DOES work is to log into the plantrac website https://www.bbt.com/investing/retirement-plan-participants/default.page and download from quicken. It's the "Download Activity" link on the left side menu after you log in. That will download a file in your browser that you can double-click on to import into Quicken.

This does not work
This discussion has been closed.