Changing Financial Institution on Retirement Account

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I set up a 401k account in Quicken for Mac 2017.  Since the company that manages our 401k doesn't have an option to download, I set up (or thought I did) the account to be manual.  I noticed today that there is a random bank assigned to the account.  When I go to the account settings I can't change the Financial Institution for the account.  Is there any other place I can change or remove the current financial institution?

As of now this doesn't effect anything, but in the event the bank decides to allow us to download from their website, I want to be able to connect the account.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2017
    menu Account > Settings then the Troubleshooting tab
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    There is no 'troubleshooting' tab there since the account isn't linked with Quicken.  The only option I have it to set up automatic downloads.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2017
    f o said:

There is no 'troubleshooting' tab there since the account isn't linked with Quicken.  The only option I have it to set up automatic downloads.

In that case, I wouldn't worry about it. If downloads become available for that brokerage, you should be able to use the option to set up downloads at that time.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.