Q2017 Windows: How to adjust 401K after initial download

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited September 2017 in Investing (Windows)
I just started and downloaded my 401K and the balance/value is way low cuz it doesn't have complete history I believe. I see the placeholder transactions but somehow I need to have a starting balance or something so the right number of shares and account value is there. What do I do to make that adjustment? Thanks...

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi John,

I'm sorry for any confusion or inconvenience this has caused. To help us provide you with the most appropriate answer, please let us know which Quicken product (QWin or QMac), what version (2015, 2016, etc.) and what release you have installed. Also, let us know whether you using the US version of Quicken or Quicken Canada. 

Dave
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Thanks Dave - I believe I figured it out. The investment I'm talking about is only available to employees in our 401K, it is not a publically available investment. Therefore when I downloaded the transactions it had the right number of shares but no price for the fund shares. Since this is a fixed rate fund and the shares are stable at $1 each I created another "cash" account with the number of shares as the value of the account. As new transactions are downloaded I will just add another transaction to this account so it reflects the proper number of shares and the value... So I think I'm good. Thanks!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Alumni
    edited March 2017
    Options
    John said:

Thanks Dave - I believe I figured it out. The investment I'm talking about is only available to employees in our 401K, it is not a publically available investment. Therefore when I downloaded the transactions it had the right number of shares but no price for the fund shares. Since this is a fixed rate fund and the shares are stable at $1 each I created another "cash" account with the number of shares as the value of the account. As new transactions are downloaded I will just add another transaction to this account so it reflects the proper number of shares and the value... So I think I'm good. Thanks!

Glad you were able to figure this out on your own! For the benefit of any others that may run into a similar problem, would you mind sharing your Quicken product and version, so I can flag this conversation appropriately?

Thanks,
    Dave
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    John said:

I just downloaded the Windows deluxe version 2017 earlier this week
  • Unknown
    Unknown Alumni
    edited March 2017
    Options
    John said:

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.