How do I print a detailed securities list in Quicken for Mac

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Any suggestions if you do NOT have the premier version?  I can't even print a total list of investments!  Just converted from Windows and extremely disappointed with Mac version.  

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: how to print a detailed list of securities in a set of accounts?.

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    @Becky Middleton --This is a Windows discussion. You need to ask your question under a Mac category on Investments to get a reasoned answer.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited May 2018
    Becky,

Unfortunately, the print and export functions are not available (yet) in the Investments register portfolio view.

There is, however, a workaround:

1) Click on the Investments register in the sidebar.
    2) Click on Portfolio under Investing, top left
    3) Click on Portfolio Value next to Update Quotes and select Group By: Security
    4) Click somewhere in the white space next to Holdings by Security
    5) Click menu Edit > Select all, then Edit > Copy (or Command-A, Command-C)
    6) You will now have the complete portfolio on the clipboard and you can paste this into a word processing or spreadsheet program and format as desired.

That said, development and improvement of the Mac version is ongoing. I'd suggest you go to THIS TOPIC and review the individual ideas listed. You may VOTE (at the top of each page) for any ideas that you like, and this will help influence the future direction of QMac development.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    RickO said:

Becky,

Unfortunately, the print and export functions are not available (yet) in the Investments register portfolio view.

6) You will now have the complete portfolio on the clipboard and you can paste this into a word processing or spreadsheet program and format as desired.

That said, development and improvement of the Mac version is ongoing. I'd suggest you go to THIS TOPIC and review the individual ideas listed. You may VOTE (at the top of each page) for any ideas that you like, and this will help influence the future direction of QMac development.

I find it's better if you paste the copied Securities into a Spreadsheet like Numbers or Excel.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    Becky what Rick counsels above is excellent to  paste into a spreadsheet so you can manipulate the data . Another approach if you just want to have a copy of your data is to do a screen shot, this can be printed as well.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017

Becky what Rick counsels above is excellent to  paste into a spreadsheet so you can manipulate the data . Another approach if you just want to have a copy of your data is to do a screen shot, this can be printed as well.

The problem with taking a screen shot is you may not be able to get all your securities in one shot. This means piecing together the shots or printing them separately.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2017

Had not thought about that, I will try it out
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2018
    RickO said:

Becky,

I can't get to copy the securities.  i have Mac 2018 and the edit functions are grey.  HELP!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2018
    RickO said:

Becky,

Can't be done in Quicken Mac 2018. 
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2018
    RickO said:

Becky,

The dev team is aware that the copy/paste ability from QM17 got removed in the upgraded portfolio display of QM18. A portfolio report (which would obviate the need for this ability) is in the roadmap for improved reporting features in the future. I don't know, however, when we are actually going to see it in a public release.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2018
    Again - I'll repeat my comment - Quicken for Mac is greatly lacking over the Windows version.  I will stay with the Windows version where I can do much much more with the securities!  Sort, print, etc!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2018

Again - I'll repeat my comment - Quicken for Mac is greatly lacking over the Windows version.  I will stay with the Windows version where I can do much much more with the securities!  Sort, print, etc!

Your observation is nothing new...and one even Quicken readily admits. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    RickO said:

Becky,

Well, boys and girls - this really is a problem - especially when the portfolio value reported by quicken and the account differ.
This discussion has been closed.