How can I convert a second Quicken 2007 file to Quicken 2017

Marguerite
Marguerite Member ✭✭
I have 2 different files I have been using in Quicken 2007 for Mac. I successfully converted one file to Quicken 2017. How do I convert the second file from 2007 to 2017 for Mac?
I want it to be a completely separate file.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited May 2017
    click menu File > New... and start from a QM2007 file.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Marguerite
    Marguerite Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Thanks very much!
    So I went to File>New and started the new conversion. I used a new user email address and new password, because I did not want the previous file to be affected.
    I was successful in creating a new account with a different email address and password.
    But then when I continued to conversion it said it could not convert.
    Any ideas on what happened or what to do now?
    Thanks!
  • RickO
    edited May 2017

Thanks very much!
    So I went to File>New and started the new conversion. I used a new user email address and new password, because I did not want the previous file to be affected.
    I was successful in creating a new account with a different email address and password.
    Thanks!

That sounds like it was a problem that would have occurred with the conversion independent of whether or not it was a 2nd file.

I'm not an expert on the conversion process, but it would help if you could post a screenshot of the exact message you got when the conversion failed.

Also, there is a log file that is generated that may have some clues. In Quicken, click menu Help > Show Logs in Finder. Look for relevant import logs. Open them in a text editor and look for errors. You may have to do come cleanup of you 2007 file before it will import properly.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2017

Thanks very much!
    Thanks!

This is the same problem that I am having compounded by the fact that I bought the disk not thinking I don't have a disk drive!  I have borrowed a portable disk drive and will start up again - with another user id for the second set of files.  If I get the error message I'll try to get a screen shot also.
  • Marguerite
    Marguerite Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017

Thanks very much!
    Thanks!

Thanks for ideas. I'm attaching the Error message. Also attaching the Import Log. And also the message saying there is already an Intuit ID that I keep getting when trying to convert a 2nd QM2007 file to 2017.
    Thanks for any further help or ideas anyone may have!
    imageimageimage
  • RickO
    edited May 2017

Thanks very much!
    Thanks!

I don't think the "Intuit ID used with another file" message is an issue. This is what Quicken does when you try to use one ID with multiple files. It just reassigns the ID.

The error message would seem to indicate that there's a problem preparing your QM2007 file. So try this... open the QM2007 in Quicken 2007. Then hit Command-Option-B to reindex the file. Then quick Quicken 2007 and try again to import.
  • Marguerite
    Marguerite Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017

Thanks very much!
    Thanks!

Hi again, I think what you recommended would do the trick.
    What I actually did was open the file in QM2007 like you said and saved a backup. (is that the same as "reindexing" the file?
    Anyway, I did that, then quit QM2007. Then started over with the conversion in QM 2017 and it worked!!!!
    thanks very much for your help! :) I'm good to go now!
This discussion has been closed.