securities mismatch after update

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
After update, the securities mismatch screen comes up as the amount of shares in Quicken do not match the amount of shares on-line (because of a dividend or whatever) and the only way to close the securities mismatch screen is to go to task manager.  While I fully understand that this could be a Windows 10 problem, Microsoft is forcing all of us into Windows 10.  This has got to be a known problem and it's somewhat surprising that Quicken hasn't addressed this in it's basic programing.

Comments

• K.O. (Win-Premier)
    K.O. (Win-Premier) Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Hi Rick.  Are you referring to the window that pops up after download when you go to an investment register that says Security A was downloaded from your broker, is this a new security or does it match one of the list of securities below?  ... or are you referring to after you accept downloaded transactions the window that can pop up identifying the number of shares of security A at your broker does not match the number in Quicken?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Which financial institution?
    And what security?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2017

I am referring to the latter.  I accept downloaded transactions which may change the amount of shares in Quicken and then the Window pops up saying that the amount in Quicken and the amount in the brokerage (Vanguard in this case) does not match.  Financial institution is Vanguard and as far as I can tell it is all of the Index funds that I am invested in.  Thanks for your assistance.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2017

I had this same problem with Quicken 2016 after updating to Windows 10 and thought that for sure Quicken would fix the issue.  Some folks also seem to indicate that it could be a high resolution screen issue.  But both Windows 10 and high resolution screens are now standard on new computers.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    I figured it was Vanguard.  I use Vanguard and have the same problem, and have to fix up the transaction manually after downloading.

Vanguard is coding the data it sends for the Vanguard Federal Money Market Fund incorrectly.
    There is basically two things that Vanguard is doing wrong.  One is that the fund name/symbol isn't being used consistently in all the transactions.  The second problem is that on transactions like reinvesting the dividends it is suppose to put in the number of shares and the price, and it isn't doing that.  That means Quicken treats it as a dividend without any shares.  Which of course throws off the number of share comparison from what Quicken has and what Vanguard has.
    The workaround is to change the transaction to put in the shares.
    (Do Not accept placeholders!)

This thread talks about the problems:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/vanguard-fund-naming-issues

There isn't anything Quicken can do about this, buying a new version of Quicken won't fix this as you have seen, and you might want to return Quicken 2017 for this reason.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/Terms-and-Conditions-For-Exchanging-Returning-or-Refunding-Quicken-Products
This discussion has been closed.