Where do I start?

Options
 I have new Mac with OS Sierra. I downloaded my Quicken for Mac 2016 which I was using on old computer.  Do I select "start from scratch?" to be able to download my data from external hard drive? Don't want to mess this up!!

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Move the Quicken data file to your new Mac...to a local drive, do not have it reside on an external or USB flash drive. 

Then in Quicken Mac 2016 FILE > OPEN and browse to the location you put your data file at.  

I'm thinking you should be good to go then. 
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited May 2017
    Options
    gmalis1 said:

Move the Quicken data file to your new Mac...to a local drive, do not have it reside on an external or USB flash drive. 

Then in Quicken Mac 2016 FILE > OPEN and browse to the location you put your data file at.  

I'm thinking you should be good to go then. 

yeah that should do it
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    why not on a thumb drive?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

why not on a thumb drive?

You can backup your data onto a thumb drive, an external USB hard drive or even a cloud based service such as Dropbox or One Drive or Google Drive.

However, you cannot have your working Quicken data files on those devices.  The actual working file has to reside on your local hard drive of your Mac or your PC.

Data corruption can occur if you try to use your data file from one of the above mentioned removable or cloud based drives.  
This discussion has been closed.