QWin 2015: Vanguard brokerage account download setup

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited June 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I am running Quicken 2015 with Windows 7.  I am trying to set up the download for my Vanguard brokerage account.  When I go to set it up the only name for Vanguard comes up "Vanguard Group".  It accepted the setup but will not download transactions as it says the name is not valid. The Vanguard website says they stopped using this name in 2014 and the correct name is "Vanguard" now.  I am not sure why this is happening as I have successfully set up other Vanguard accounts with only the "Vanguard" name.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Try completing a One Step Update prior to adding your new account.

This will refresh the fidir.txt file, which is a listing of all financial institutions Quicken connects with.

BTW, I just tried to enter a new Vanguard brokerage account, and the only Vanguard name that comes up is "Vanguard".  There is no "Vanguard Group" listing.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    gmalis1 said:

Try completing a One Step Update prior to adding your new account.

This will refresh the fidir.txt file, which is a listing of all financial institutions Quicken connects with.

BTW, I just tried to enter a new Vanguard brokerage account, and the only Vanguard name that comes up is "Vanguard".  There is no "Vanguard Group" listing.  

Concur.  Same name shows for me, too.  Just "Vanguard".
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Ok, I tried that to no avail. Vanguard is not even listed in the list of financial institutions. It is when I start typing the name "Vanguard" that "Vanguard Group" appears.

Where is the fidir.txt file located?  Is it on my computer? If yes, could I delete it to force a new file when I do a One Step Update?

Thanks for trying to help.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Fred said:

Ok, I tried that to no avail. Vanguard is not even listed in the list of financial institutions. It is when I start typing the name "Vanguard" that "Vanguard Group" appears.

Where is the fidir.txt file located?  Is it on my computer? If yes, could I delete it to force a new file when I do a One Step Update?

Thanks for trying to help.

Looks like Quicken has a canned solution here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/what-do-if-my-bank-not-listed-quicken-or-if-my-bank-was-recently-add...
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Thanks ..... I have this solved.  After the earlier comment on the out of date fidir.txt file, i did some searching and found a solution that worked. Tools>Add new account>checking>cancel apparently forces an update to the fidir.txt.  "Vanguard" now appears in the list of financial institutions.

Thanks to both of you for your help.
This discussion has been closed.