Calendar Investment Information

Michael Heady
Michael Heady Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Quicken for Mac 2017 Calendar Investment information does NOT match Fidelity account in Quicken.

I have used Quicken for Mac since the early 90's and have been using Quicken for Mac 2007 for the past 10 years.

After reading of the improved loan amortization functionality in the 2017 version I purchased a copy and migrated my data. I did so in a fashion that is allowing me to run both the 2007 and 2017 versions in parallel. It appears that my data migrated successfully and I am able to keep the two versions balanced, including my Fidelity investment accounts.

When I look at both 2007 and 2017 the Fidelity accounts match what I see on the Fidelity website. However, the investment information on the calendar does NOT match the Quicken Fidelity account balance, it is off by more than $50K.

Any advice or explanation on this front would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2017
    My only thought would be to check that you have the correct account(s) selected in the Calendar customization.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Michael Heady
    Michael Heady Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Thanks Rick, I went and checked that, but they were all selected. I've tried to do the math to figure out the discrepancy, but am at a loss.
  • RickO
    edited August 2017
    I will start by saying that I never use the calendar, so I'm really looking at it for the first time right now.

But, exactly what data on the calendar are you comparing to your Fidelity account balance? It appears to me that the only balance information shown on the calendar is the total net worth (optionally) shown at the bottom of each date-block. This would only match an account balance if you have only that one account selected in the calendar customization.

The other data presented in each date-block of the calendar is transaction info, not balance info. So this would not compare to an account balance either.
  • Michael Heady
    Michael Heady Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    EUREKA! That is exactly what I was doing, comparing apples and oranges. Thank you Rick!

I do have one more observation that perhaps you have some thoughts on. I own a second trust deed on a commercial property and it was set up as a loan that I made in Q2007 with an amortization schedule. In 2017 it migrated solely as an asset with one scheduled transaction and no amortization schedule. 

Thoughts?

Thank you again for taking time to help me with this!
  • RickO
    edited August 2017

EUREKA! That is exactly what I was doing, comparing apples and oranges. Thank you Rick!

I do have one more observation that perhaps you have some thoughts on. I own a second trust deed on a commercial property and it was set up as a loan that I made in Q2007 with an amortization schedule. In 2017 it migrated solely as an asset with one scheduled transaction and no amortization schedule. 

Thoughts?

Thank you again for taking time to help me with this!

Sorry, Michael, I don't use the (new) loan feature in QM017. Debt free - YAY!

I suggest that you post this as a new topic in the community and hopefully get some response from those who are more familiar with the loan features than I am.
This discussion has been closed.